Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on house/apartment sharing

• 22-05-2006 2:58am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Soon-to-be mature student looking for advice on house/apartment sharing… The area I'm looking at is Dublin City Centre*.

Anyway, I’ve been looking at Daft.ie, what’s the story with the ‘Available to Move In’ time? I wont be moving to ‘the big smoke’ till late August at the earliest… am I looking in the wrong place (daft.ie)? Or too early? Or is two or so months rent worth securing a place?

As this will be only my seconding renting and first in Dublin general advice is also welcome!

(If it helps – male, non-smoking, needs broadband, can be apartment or house etc, *I plan to commute to Ballyfermot by bus or cycling)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Daft.ie is definitely the right place to be looking - most property for rent in Dublin ends up being advertised on Daft.

You are looking too early though - based on my own experience of renting in Dublin, I would say 2-3 weeks before you move up is plenty of time. A month at the most.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Right, I was thinking it may be that - thanks.

Advertisement