Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadget ideas?

Options
  • 22-05-2006 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Am currently in Hong Kong, and am looking for ideas for a gadget-freak dad who has most of the stuff per the "must have" gadget list on the other thread on this board. Any ideas (weird or otherwise) gratefully appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Try getting him one of these, I guarantee he'll like it if he's a true gadget freak: www.fenixlight.com

The L1P is the one I'm getting to add to the collection (yes I am a total geek). The are manufactured not too far from you. Pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

meh...

i prefer my credit card torch, pretty bright, waterproof, crushproof, super light, and it fits in my wallet :Dhere

i am also a geek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pen-knife with a usb memory stick in it?

the_syco wrote:
    Pen-knife with a usb memory stick in it?

he he, i have that too. also the utili key

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

on whether you want to see 3 feet in front of your face or 100 feet down the road. Also, the L1P is hard anodized, which will actually cut through your little credit card torch, or a maglite, for instance. Plus it's not too bighttp://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/fourth/fenix2.jpg .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

The Fenix is well thought of over on Candlepowerforums. Those lads like lights! A Lot!:D

Musashi wrote:
    The Fenix is well thought of over on Candlepowerforums. Those lads like lights! A Lot!:D

:D god, not only do they have a website dedicated to flashlights, it has over 15000 members :eek:

*gets drawn into flashlights:D * dam you lot, i'm after ordering a $45 silver P1

im told it kicks @ss :)

I've a surefire E2D on the way, with two alternate bulb assemblies to kill CR123a batteries in a third the time it usually takes :) Damn these expensive toys!

Musashi wrote:
    I've a surefire E2D on the way, with two alternate bulb assemblies to kill CR123a batteries in a third the time it usually takes :) Damn these expensive toys!

holy jesus, $110??? are ya mad in the head :D

about €90 for a flashlight?! my P1 worked out at €34, and has 55 lumen output, just 5 lumens less than your E2D :)

(:rolleyes: didnt think a couple of days ago i'd be a flashlight freak :p )

Yep!
    There is a vital gear head adaptor so one of the lamp assemblies that will fit is a P61 @120 lumens. Downside is it drains two batteries in 20 minutes and you can't hold it on for that long cause it reddens :)

I always wanted a lightsaber!

How about this then? http://www.vectormfg.com/catalog/vec192-sport-spot-million-power-series-rechargeable-spotlight-p-282.html

20 Million Candle Power :eek:

• Advertisement

Musashi wrote:

a tad too big for the old keyring :rolleyes:

imagine whipping that bad boy out during a power failure or looking for the key hole at night :p

Advertisement