Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any one get the new Rules Of The Raod?

Options
  • 22-05-2006 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

It seems I didn't receive the new rules of the road book that must have just come out.

Apparently it's now OK to drive on the hard shoulder and then expect stationery traffic to let you in :mad:

Was coming up to Newlands from Kildare yesterday evening and the traffic was woeful. I don't know how many cars drove on the hard shoulder and then merged back into the traffic. I thought there was a turn up ahead and stuck my nose out to see (while nothing was approaching of course) but of course there was none. These cars were making up hundreds of metres and fnckin' eegits were letting them pull in!!!

[/rant]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Ay Cee wrote:

Apparently it's now OK to drive on the hard shoulder and then expect stationery traffic to let you in :mad:
    These cars were making up hundreds of metres and fnckin' eegits were letting them pull in!!!

[/rant]

If you don't wish to see them on the hard shoulder, why are you annoyed at people letting them in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Because they think it's OK to speed up the hard shoulder and stick their nose out and people will have to let them back in. The hard shoulder is there for a reason and it's not to make up a few cars when the traffic is stopped.

If some one thinks they're pulling a fast one by driving illegally and then thinking he can just whip back in in front of me he has another think coming. I was hoping someone would try when I got up there cos I was fully prepared to tell them where to go.

Am I the only one that's annoyed by this practice? I've seen it on the M50 south bound in the mornings too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Ay Cee wrote:
    Because they think it's OK to speed up the hard shoulder and stick their nose out and people will have to let them back in. The hard shoulder is there for a reason and it's not to make up a few cars when the traffic is stopped.

If some one thinks they're pulling a fast one by driving illegally and then thinking he can just whip back in in front of me he has another think coming. I was hoping someone would try when I got up there cos I was fully prepared to tell them where to go.

Am I the only one that's annoyed by this practice? I've seen it on the M50 south bound in the mornings too.

You shouldn't let it bother you Ay Cee - life is too short. I used to get annoyed by things like that but I realised that I was only annoying myself.

Ah yeah I know that. It's just one of those things that irratates me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Ay Cee wrote:
    Ah yeah I know that. It's just one of those things that irratates me. :)

The same few lads were doing the exact same thing on the Kinsale Rd. roundabout in cork a while back, and guess what: A garda was waiting for them at the end of the hard shoulder one day. :)

• Advertisement

HAha oh lovely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Drivers queue-jumping by zooming up hard shoulders and bus lanes is one of my favourite ranting topics. Recently I was on the N4 approaching the M50roundabout from Lucan direction. It was no exaggeration to say that there were at least 50 f*cking c*nts driving illegally in the bus lane trying to force their way in at the roundaboout. I made damn sure that no-one was getting in front of me. A good tactic in these situations is to position your car as close to the bus lane as possible without actually encroaching into it. This gives them less room to start easing across on you.

Also I was going left at the roundabout. The road markings and signs clearly state that only the left hand lane was to be used for taking this exit. Yet I saw about another 20 c*nts trying to use the inbound middle lane for this exit as the middle lane was moving a bit faster. Made sure not to let any of these in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I saw a bus do this, this morning at Newlands cross.. had his hazards on.. I thought to myself 'wow if I turn on my hazards I can break the law!'. Newlands cross is notorious for that crap, there's a fair few smashes there because of people doing it also.

TK

Glad to see I'm not alone :D

Advertisement