Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSIA equity

Options
  • 22-05-2006 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I currently have my equity SSIA set up so 50% is "High risk" and 50% "medium risk". With the way the markets are at the minute do you think I would be wish to change it so 100% is "low risk" ie invested in cash and bonds, or should I just leave it as is and ride out the storm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

the-lad wrote:
    Hi all,
    I currently have my equity SSIA set up so 50% is "High risk" and 50% "medium risk". With the way the markets are at the minute do you think I would be wish to change it so 100% is "low risk" ie invested in cash and bonds, or should I just leave it as is and ride out the storm?

If you don't have long to go - change to low risk as you won't gain that much with high risk in a short period of time but could potentially lose a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

Thanks.
    I have almost a year to go so :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭peterwilson

Are you going to cash it in when the SSIA ends?
    You could keep it in and cash in when the markets bounce back.
    Buy low sell high and all that ;)
    p

Advertisement