Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chevrolet

Options
  • 22-05-2006 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I’m looking for some opinions on Chevrolet. My mam wants to get a new car and fancies one of these. I’m not so sure as they haven’t been around that long this time round. Would really appreciate some views on this please. Are they sturdy? What have you heard about them.....

Thanks

K x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Kiera wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I’m looking for some opinions on Chevrolet. My mam wants to get a new car and fancies one of these. I’m not so sure as they haven’t been around that long this time round. Would really appreciate some views on this please. Are they sturdy? What have you heard about them.....

Thanks

K x

She needs one of these :)

http://www.chrysler.com/300/

Edit : sorry read post incorrectly - thought you said Chrysler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I actually saw one of those the other day parked outside my job. Bloody tank! Dont think that would suit a 60 yr old :) Its just the brand i'm asking about. Are they any good or not worth the money?

Litcagral wrote:
    She needs one of these :)

http://www.chrysler.com/300/

Edit : sorry read post incorrectly - thought you said Chrysler
    I did, got mixed up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Kiera wrote:
    I actually saw one of those the other day parked outside my job. Bloody tank! Dont think that would suit a 60 yr old :) Its just the brand i'm asking about. Are they any good or not worth the money?

All Daewoo cars were rebadged as Chevrolet recently but I don't know much else about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

my mother has a Dawoo / chevy lanos and even her as an OAP says it is the most boring uneventful motor she has ever driven.

I have driven it a few times and really hated it .. mind you it is as realiable as anything .. 60K miles on the clock (01 model) and nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

They are quite reliable, a little bit boring tbh - but they are keenly priced. Poor resale values. But if your mother plans to own it for a long time then it just may be the sort of thing to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

father driving chev lacetti, reliable, cheap to run, but the most boring car i've ever driven...that miten't bother your mother? good value for money

Yeah i think she wants boring to be honest. I'd love her to get a little 206 but she has her heart set on this. I'm just looking for reasons to turn her off them as they're not as pretty as some other small cars. Yes i'm that shallow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Cheap c ars, no resale value, reliable but there safety ratings are very poor and that says it all to me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

whippet wrote:
    my mother has a Dawoo / chevy lanos and even her as an OAP says it is the most boring uneventful motor she has ever driven..

Keeping with the American tradition then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

On the plus side, they won a round of the World Touring Car championship at the weekend.
    But really, they are cheap and cheerful for people with no interest in cars. Absolutely zero resale value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tklemonade

Kersh wrote:
    On the plus side, they won a round of the World Touring Car championship at the weekend.
    But really, they are cheap and cheerful for people with no interest in cars. Absolutely zero resale value.

Yeah I saw that they got a first in the WTCC. You're man on the podium looked well pleased :)

To the Op....

What model was she thinking of buying?

Aveo/Matiz/Kalos/Lacetti?

At this time to answer one of your questions.. are they worth the money? Very much so in the sense that you are getting the same car for less money than other more European/known brands and the build quality is very good. The korean manufactures GMDAT (Who make Euro chevrolet for the European & American market), Hyundi, Ssangyong and Kia have come leaps and bounds in the last five years in the manufacturing/quality stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

anyone seen the NCAP test of the Chevrolet Aveo and Matiz?

oh dear........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The new Chevy Aveo is a nice looking car, far nicer than the Kalos. However, it drives exactly like a Kalos, but the auto box in it is quite smooth though for a small car.
    Who make Euro chevrolet for the European & American market

General Motors is now in full control of Daewoo, so it's GM who make all the 'Chevrolets' now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tklemonade

Max_Damage wrote:

General Motors is now in full control of Daewoo, so it's GM who make all the 'Chevrolets' now.

Indeed. GMDAT = GM Daewoo Auto Technology.= ex daewoo.

http://www.gmdat.com/kor/index.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Have you got your own car or would you be planning to drive your mum's?

I have my own, a primera.

Advertisement