Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Galaxy/Sharon Garda car - Gatso?

Options
  • 22-05-2006 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I was on the Kinnegad bypass/toll bridge en-route from Galway-Dublin on Saturday when up in the distance I spotted a Garda car, so obviously I slowed right down.

When I got up close I noticed that it was a Ford Sharon/Galaxy people-carrier Garda car/van. It was un-manned, with lightly tinted windows and what looked like equipment in the back seats.... Are these the new Gatso vans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

JohnCleary wrote:
    Anyone?

I spotted it as well. Parked up in one of those high up laybys. sneaky!. Defo had a gatso in the back.

tred wrote:
    I spotted it as well. Parked up in one of those high up laybys. sneaky!. Defo had a gatso in the back.

Yup. In fairness at least its high viz, not behind a bush! I hope they didnt catch me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I've seen a Sharan/Galaxy in that general area but it was always manned. Didn't get a close enough look to see what equipment as in it. Never saw anyone getting pulled over by it.

It is possible that it is doubling as both a Gatso van and as a manned patrol car.

PS AFAIK Gatso vans are also manned - there is a copper in the back operating the camera. However because he can't be seen and doesn't pull anyone over at the time Gatso vans are generally referred to as unmanned speed traps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

JohnCleary wrote:
    I hope they didnt catch me!

Why would they unless you were speeding?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Why would they unless you were speeding?:rolleyes:

Smart one, arent ya? :rolleyes:

I slowed down once I saw the van. I'm sure the van had a LOS with me for about a half mile

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Copying the PSNI then who regularly have a galaxy based gatso on th eA5 between aughnacloy and omagh

Advertisement