Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the origional R-Type

Options
  • 22-05-2006 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can some please help me? I am looking for a copy of R-type for my pc. I dont know where to get it? Does any one know where I can get it?

Cheers,

Needs to get past the point of no return again soon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sorry. it's not possible to play console or arcade games on the pc.
    you have no choice other than buying the original arcade cabinet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

tman wrote:
    sorry. it's not possible to play console or arcade games on the pc.
    you have no choice other than buying the original arcade cabinet

Yes it is!! Its all done by emulation!! There are alot of programs around MAME would be top of the list AFAIK!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah, R-type. What a complete bastard of a game and yet so utterly brilliant. Quite possibly the best designed game ever. Could never beat the last boss.

The game is emulated perfectly by Mame. I wouldn't even bother with the PC version since the arcade version is available free (don't go asking it's against charter rules but even a monkey should be able to find it). The PC version is probably ridiculously rare these days.

I think tman was being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

jonny24ie wrote:
    Yes it is!! Its all done by emulation!! There are alot of programs around MAME would be top of the list AFAIK!!

Lols, you should get that sarcasm detector checked out, looks like it needs a service.

As retr0 said, emulators are the way to go, but don't go asking for links, use searches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bastack

I am now on the search! I cant wait for level 3 again! My fav level! especially the bottom left corner of the big ship! And you know I would give my left leg for the actual arcade machine! ( I need both my arms to play the game!)

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement