Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola A1000 settings

• 22-05-2006 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone out there got a Motorola A1000?

I bought one on Ebay from England. It was set up for the 3 network in the UK.
    I am having major problems getting the correct setting to make it work fully in Ireland though. The normal phone and text services work, but stuff like connecting to the internet does not. I range O2 and Vodafone but neither were very interested..."Sorry this phone model isn't supported. Contact the manufacturer."

Anyone out there have any experience on this?

Cheers,
    IrishFeller

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

What most likely you need to do is flash the firmware to remove any "3" branding and restrictions...

Wolfman here would be your best bet for info and advice on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonyherco

i have the A1000 from the uk.I have been in touch with all the different network o2 vodafone 3 and meteor and none of them have the settings that support the A1000.flashing the firmware i have done and still cant get things working and all the networks dont want to know. vodafone said they are working on the settings and should be ready in the next 12 months.i have been told to debrand the phone by flashing but no one has the settings for ireland.i am verry happy with the looks on the phone just a pitty it wont work over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

hmmm..interesting phone, have you tried the motorola site for a settings wizard or something like that, like the SE and nokia sites?

Sorry that i'm no help but its a long shot, does anyone or your friends have a p800/p900/p910 cos the a1000 uses the same symbian uiq os?it may have the same setup system.

regards
    damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

I think basically the problem is that the A1000 needs 3G to operate and the Irish networks are still 2.5 G...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think basically the problem is that the A1000 needs 3G to operate and the Irish networks are still 2.5 G...

Ermm noo...all apart from Meteor have 3G services....

• Advertisement

Are ye sure about that? I heard that what they call '3G' is actually only 2.5G.
    As far as I know GPRS is only 2.5G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Vodafone and o2 have 3g, Haven't you noticed vodafone 3g advertising..video calls ring any bells?O2 have a 3g network too but they haven't really kicking up a fuss about it. The settings are there..you just have to know how to put it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonyherco

got most of the settings for the a1000 one i cant get is the dns settings anyone got ant thoughts ? hope you can help

Might try ringing O2/Vodafone again to try and get settings if network is now 3G.

Tony did you flash your phone to clear old settings?

How do you do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

tonyherco wrote:
    no one has the settings for ireland.i am verry happy with the looks on the phone just a pitty it wont work over here.

hi, dns should be supplied on connection - can you mention specifically what operator and type of account (pre/post pay) you are trying to connect with... i.e. all the questions posed in the Stycky:
    HELLO THERE... About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

the hasndset is a Symbian UIQ based device, so the system running on it is pretty similar to the SonyEricsson P series smartphone...

all the basic settings are also outlined in this thread:
    Irish Operator Settings [Including WAP 2.0]

• Advertisement
Advertisement