Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Only In Ireland

Options
  • 22-05-2006 11:58am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Found this as i was clearing out some emails from my inbox. Was going to post it in humour or AH, but think as its a real life motoring Incident, it would get better coverage here.

pic19yy.jpg

pic29ns.jpg

pic33gj.jpg

pic44bk.jpg

pic53ze.jpg

pic66lt.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Posted before - it's staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

I remember seeing this before and it looks pretty real to me. Do you have any links to back up if it is staged or not?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sorry if its a repost, but i doubt that its staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It wasn't staged, I'm in the Motor Trade and this eMail did the rounds before, the Dealer was identified. Can't remember who though ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

skibum wrote:
    I remember seeing this before and it looks pretty real to me. Do you have any links to back up if it is staged or not?

No but I thought it was real and was disappointed when several people posted to say that it was set-up. There are 'give-away' clues apparently but I can't remember what they are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

How did the guy in the brown jumper get to the other side of the truck so quicky?

Whether it is staged or not is irrelevant though. Those things can and do happen very regularly with cranes and telescopics.

Something similar happened me before when tipping a trailer on a slight hill, a spring snapped when it was tipped and it just went over on it's side. Thankfully there was no one near and the drawbar snapped off rather than taking me and the tractor over.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Heard this happened in Roundstone in Galway.

The email that did the rounds has another photoshoped pic with the second truck going into the drink aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

has to be staged it was in the national enquirer before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Roundstone, that was it. From what I remember, the recovery company involved couldn't live it down for months afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

omg , thats so funny.hope the people involved were not injured.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Litcagral wrote:
    No but I thought it was real and was disappointed when several people posted to say that it was set-up. There are 'give-away' clues apparently but I can't remember what they are now.

A girl I used to work with knew the photographer, it ain't fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

layke wrote:
    A girl I used to work with knew the photographer, it ain't fake.
    it looks so real,i wouldnot think its fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

No. It's not Staged

There was a follow on to this set of pictures that appeared a few months later that showed the big green truck toppling in while lifting out the small red one. That bit was fake alright but all the ones shown above are completely legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Definately real and it was in Roundstone. Know a good few people who were there to witness it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

BnA wrote:
    No. It's not Staged

There was a follow on to this set of pictures that appeared a few months later that showed the big green truck toppling in while lifting out the small red one. That bit was fake alright but all the ones shown above are completely legit.

The above is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yes it is definitely staged, a few lads were having a lunchtime pint and thought wouldn't it be funny if.......................:rolleyes: :p

It happened in Galway a couple of years ago and spawned hundreds of photoshopped variations which made the original pictures seem faked, but it was big news at the time.

Why don't you ring them and ask?

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search.ds?newSearch=true&what=walsh%27s+recovery&where=&x=10&y=17

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search.ds?newSearch=true&what=michael+long&where=&x=26&y=7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Just found this -

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/crane.asp

It was Roundstone. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yeah this ws posted up about 12-18 months back, twas funny the once!

Mike.

Advertisement