Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Dawn

Options
  • 22-05-2006 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Any one know if there is a Golden Dawn or similar in Ireland at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

OTO (Alistair Crowley was a key member) is similar but I only know of them in UK. Perhaps they might be able to help you out.

http://www.oto-uk.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

What exactly are you looking for by "or similar"?

The Golden Dawn as was no longer exists, but its legacy lives on in quite a lot of ways, from having influenced the workings of just about every magic worker in the Wester World to some extent, through revisionist groups and groups founded by former members.

(It might be worth pointing out to anyone who starts googling that while the various groups with "Golden Dawn" in their name have different degrees of claim to that name, the New Reformed Orthodox Order of the Golden Dawn is not a Golden Dawn group at all, but a post-Wiccan Witchcraft tradition with a quirky sense of humour).

There does seem to be a good few OTO people around the North, but whether that is what your looking for is another matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EoghanHassan

By "or similar" i meen an orginised group engaging in the group teaching and practice of western magick

OTO are not my first choice.
    My first choice would be a Dawn branh with links to the regarde part of the split

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn comes from Regardie's line, as does Ordo Stella Matutina less directly. I don't know if they have any lodges in Ireland (I'm pretty sure at least the first does in Britain), but you could try contacting them and asking.

Advertisement