Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live?

• 22-05-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Has anybody heard of an American band called Live? they have released albums like throwing copper, V, Brids of prey, awake, etc. Just wondering am i their only fan or do other people out there know about them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Yeah I have Throwing Copper, and I think I had the album which had 'Dolphin's Cry' on it, but I can't find it anymore. Throwing Copper is a good album. Never a huge fan, but I enjoyed them all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Were they the band that had the song "I alone" that was always played in Fibbers or am I thinking of someone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Oobie wrote:
    Were they the band that had the song "I alone" that was always played in Fibbers or am I thinking of someone else?

That's them alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I really loved that song. Can't get it out of my head now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

'Throwing Copper' is good, I lived in America in 1995 & their songs were always on the radio (along with Bush, STP & Green Day). After that, well I lost touch with what they were doing, although I noticed that they were huge in Australia a couple of years back when I was out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

I dont own an album but I actually had some bootleg dvd's that I got in a big trade I did with someone ages back. Watched them once, they were ok.
    Traded the dvds off for better stuff though a while back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

They're still going strong. The new album was only released about a month ago, called "Songs from Black Mountain". It's more acoustic than previous offerings and their lyrics are becoming ever more spiritual, too.

They're huge in Australia. I bought a "Best of..." when I was there last Christmas ('04) and it came with a DVD with a load of videos on it. There's a great video for the song "Overcome" which was done as a tribute to the emergency services that cleared up after 9/11.

The Dolphin's Cry was on an album called The Distance To Here, which was rather good, but for me their finest moment remains Lightning Crashes from Throwing Copper. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

electric69 wrote:
    Has anybody heard of an American band called Live? they have released albums like throwing copper, V, Brids of prey, awake, etc. Just wondering am i their only fan or do other people out there know about them?

Throwing Copper was a great album, but they havent done anything special after that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Throwing Copper was a great album, but they havent done anything special after that.....

still a solid band and worth a listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

well if anyone is interesed they have a website. www.friendsoflive.com
    All their latest news and info can be found there.the band are huge in Australia and huge in Holland,Belgium and Germany.they regualrly top the charts over there and have concerts but they have never been in Ireland.they have a few concerts over in the uk this summer.There are tickets still available for their gig in Manchester but its a pain in the ass having to go to another country just to see them play :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement