Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebop Jam

• 22-05-2006 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi would anybody here like to have a jam to a few standards sometime soon? I'm a bass player and I'd just like to improve my playing and mainly just have some fun. All instruments are welcome and I've got a place to practice in Rathmines at weekends but I don't mind travellin. Age and skill doesn't really matter I just want it to be a bit of craic and I'm sure we'll learn things from each other anyway. I'd like to have the jam in the middle of June so if you're free then and interested, lemme know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IPI

Always up for a jam. Is it only be-bop you're into? Care to name a few favourite bands, just to see if we're in the same genre mix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Yeah I've wanted to so this before but what with schooling and that I always ran out of time. What dates in June? I'd be free late-ish June if ya wanted a bit of saxophone there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Nothing like a bit of an oul' strawberry jam. Give us a shout whenever if you need a guitarist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

let me know if ya need another guitarist!
    love the bop myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 diamop

Cool that's a good response so far, I'd like to have it on the 17th of June thats a saturday. Is that ok for yous? I've got about twenty charts, that range from easy to hard, that we can use but bring your own stuff too. <snip - read the charter>

• Advertisement

Yeah 17th sounds good, I'll be off for a week so I can set aside some jazz time I'm sure. When you know the details just post em up, sounds good though. :cool:

17th ain't good for me. Exams.

I've got exams until the 15th, then off until the 22nd when I have one more exam, so I could do something around that time. When are yo finished So_Glad?

It sounds like it'd be better to leave it until the end of June then, that seems better for everyone. We could do it on the 24th or if yous want more of a break after your exams we could do it on the 1st of July. Theres no rush like. Let me know how that sounds and I'll see if I can get some more people to join.

diamop wrote:
    It sounds like it'd be better to leave it until the end of June then, that seems better for everyone. We could do it on the 24th or if yous want more of a break after your exams we could do it on the 1st of July. Theres no rush like. Let me know how that sounds and I'll see if I can get some more people to join.

Actually, I have no exams on the 17th. But I will be REALLY free after the 22nd. What are you planing to play? Hone my skills. ;)

• Advertisement

Ok let's just say the 24th then! If you mean what songs I am going to play, they are just some standards like Days of wine and roses and Groovin High, the charts are quite easy for most but theres a couple of hard ones too. So whos in so far?

Hi are you guys still interested in having a jam?

I am anyway, sounds like fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 som

If you need a drummer letme know,i'm finiished exams so anytime in june is good, into all types of jazz,cool-modal-progressive....mainly bebop

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gabriel

here there is another drummer available. :) i can do it the end of june ... will be good fun.
    are you plannig to play live aswell.....:D

Hey ok will we say the 1st of july then thats two saturdays away, is rathmines ok for everyone? Som and Gabriel you're both welcome to come if you like, Daddio how about you? I've got a guitarist to come too and I think I can get a singer, lemme know how the date suits yous anyway

Yeah sure that sounds great, saturday fortnight suits much better than this saturday, for me anyway. Any songs in particular you'd want to jam with? I know a good guitarist aswell if you need one.

Yeah sure that sounds great, saturday fortnight suits much better than this saturday, for me anyway. Any songs in particular you'd want to jam with? I know a good guitarist aswell if you need one.

cool, some of the charts i have are bewitched, black orpheus, body & soul, days of W&R, dont get around, green dolphin st, groovin high, miss jones,satin doll, there will never be another you,just friends, all the things, and whats this thing called love. bring along your own stuff too and you can bring that guitarist if you like aswell, he'll have to bring his own amp though, I've got a small guitar amp we can use if we're really stuck but your own gear's probably way better.

ok!! what is the place .. a studio or a house?? what about the drums??
    ill be there on 01/07 for sure!!:D

• Advertisement

its my house, the drums'll be fine!

ok!!! i suppose i would need cymbals ,do I?? I have some zildjian k and sabian AA. Let me know if we do it for sure the 01/07. I would be there!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 som

Hi ,i can play on the 1st , but i think youve already got a drummer :( if you need or want another, let me know. cheers.

Hey, so what are the details? I probably wouldn't be able to make it until about half 3 on saturday. Where is it etc? Do you want to PM the people who are going with the details? It's probs safest.

yes i pmd you guys thats Gabriel Som & Daddio did i leave anyone out ?

Advertisement