Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp Mouldy Walls

Options
  • 22-05-2006 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I'm have been renting in the same place for the last number of years.

It has always been damp, but recently it's got a lot worse. Especially in my bedroom. The head of my bed is just underneath the window frame, the window tends to get damp, but I just noticed that the wall under the window is now also really damp - with black spot.

I scrub this on Thursday only to notice that it has now all returned.

Is there anything that can be done, I guess this is really bad health wise to be sleeping beside such dampness.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Is there any ventilation in the house - I hate to say it but when we were students, we never opened windows in the house and all of the condensation built up on the windows and walls eventually causing damp on the window cills which went mouldy over time. We cleaned everything up eventually , started leaving windows open and getting some fresh air in and the place never looked (or smelt) better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭grasshopper

I leave the window open every morning, so it is getting air, it's starting to smell about like i've been growing my own mushroom or something.

Advertisement