Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snake keepers.

Options
  • 22-05-2006 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm new to the board and I just thought I would share a few pics of my snake collection.Anyone else keep cornsnakes or Royal pythons.The first pic is of my hypo lavender cornsnake and the second is my pastel royal python.The third is very rare its a Sonoran desert dwarf boa.She is a type of boa imperial but is 10 years old and only 5.5 feet.She is also 100% het for anery type II.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

If anyone else has any pics of reptiles pls share.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

That royal Pythin is cute :) Don't keep snakes myself but here are my Hermanns tortoises, both three years old babies. The pic was taken last year so they haven't grown a whole lot since then :)

Very nice mate.Are they a pair?

Think they may be brother and sister, it's hard to sex them at such a young age. Time will tell heh, their papers tell me they came from Slovenia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

DSCF0297.JPG

here is my rough green snake his name is shrek

the rest of my pets are spiders all can be seen at www.thepetspider.com

• Advertisement

Very nice mate.I keep a few spiders myself.I have 2 Chile roses,Mexican red knees,a white strip bird eater,a salmon pink and a Bahia scarlet bird eater.
    Here not a very good pic of my red knee.

I have a fort hall babboon, but alas there's a better chance of seeing Elvis Presley, he's a very secretive critter.

is the fort hall baboon agresive the horned baboons i have are all very agresive the greensnake seems very friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have 3 corns 1 Motley & 2 amel x snow. 1 common/red tail boa VERY AGGRESSIVE to me! 2 iguanans, 1 bosc monitor, 1 berbera skink, 3 beardies & 1 african bull frog. As well as lots of non scaly critters.

Bond-007 wrote:
    I have 3 corns 1 Motley & 2 amel x snow. 1 common/red tail boa VERY AGGRESSIVE to me! 2 iguanans, 1 bosc monitor, 1 berbera skink, 3 beardies & 1 african bull frog. As well as lots of non scaly critters.

Where are you from?

• Advertisement

tonym wrote:
    is the fort hall baboon agresive the horned baboons i have are all very agresive the greensnake seems very friendly
    It's an old world spider, they are meant to be quite agressive, and very secretive.
    Tha attached pic is a poor one, but it'll give you a an of idea what the spider looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I have;
    1 Kingsnake
    2 bearded dragons
    1 Shield Tailed Agama
    3 Yellow Bellied Slider Turtles
    1 Chinese Softshell Turtle
    1 Veiled Chameloen
    1 Whites Tree Frog
    2 Pac Man Frogs

And a good few furries too!

SCI wrote:
    Where are you from?

I am in Laois - why??

Bond-007 wrote:
    I am in Laois - why??
    I will be breeding lots of corns this year and some very nice ones the following.Just seeing if you were near buy.I see you like you motleys I'll be breeding butter motleys.

I will be interested I love my motley - I will sort out some piccies soon mine are still babies & I think I have 3 males so I would love some females :)

DSCF2487-1.jpg
    eebff56b.jpg
    9de76bd0.jpg
    7da7d1c7.jpg
    f31a07ac.jpg

i must say bond im impressed very nice pic

Very nice mate love that boa.Here a few more of mine.
    First my reverse okeetee male slinkey(named by the kids)
    Then slinkey and his woman(fizz) getting it on.
    And my one of my female royals and a anery motley corn.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

SCI if youre breeding corns put my name down for one.

Mine is still missing in the house somewhere so Im going to have to look for a replacement.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I miss my royal so much - yours are stunning :)

• Advertisement

No problem.I hope to have amels from the breeding above and Miami corns which are pretty rare in Ireland.They are little escape artists a also have one about the house some where.My brother just had one turn up that went missing last July.Here is a pic of a Miami the mother of those eggs cooking at the minute I will be selling them for £40 and £25 for an amel.What was it went missing?I'm in Belfast by the way.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh I miss my royal so much - yours are
    stunning :)

Yes mate Royals are top class I have 5 at the minute.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im not sure whether to replace my missing one(which Ive given up on finding it at this stage) with a Royal or another corn.

Hellrazer wrote:
    Im not sure whether to replace my missing one(which Ive given up on finding it at this stage) with a Royal or another corn.

Corn are far easier to look after.If your getting a royal make sure its captive bred.There is a lot of c/farmed or hatched animals about this time of year in pet shops and they can be tricky to get feeding.They may also be full of worms and other parasites ie mites that could infest some of your other animals.

I was told my royal was captive bred & that it had eaten 4 pinkies for the pet shop (it was sold in the plastic cage it was in when on display in the shop - when we moved him to a bigger clean viv we noticed 4 putrified pinkies :( & Syd would not eat frozen only freshly dead or live (he was my brothers snake) & he was hard work!

I much prefer my corns & think I will stick to these after Syd used to strike at me & now the common Boa Kaz strikes at me I am giving up on pythons/boas etc.

I read once that Royal Pythons were notorious feeders, any truth in the rumour? They are such beautiful snakes too, it's such a pity if it's true.

Bond-007 wrote:
    I was told my royal was captive bred & that it had eaten 4 pinkies for the pet shop (it was sold in the plastic cage it was in when on display in the shop - when we moved him to a bigger clean viv we noticed 4 putrified pinkies :( & Syd would not eat frozen only freshly dead or live (he was my brothers snake) & he was hard work!

I much prefer my corns & think I will stick to these after Syd used to strike at me & now the common Boa Kaz strikes at me I am giving up on pythons/boas etc.

Sounds too that the pet shop hadn't a clue.A Royal python will never eat a pinkie in its life at all.A royal should be fed a fuzzie to sm mouse or a rat pup straight out of the egg.A royal will die from starvation if fed pinkies it far too small and has hardly no bone in it for such a large snake bones to develop so ever a couple wouldn't do.

tallus wrote:
    I read once that Royal Pythons were notorious feeders, any truth in the rumour? They are such beautiful snakes too, it's such a pity if it's true.

It can be true.If you buy from a good shop or breeder and do a lot of research its one of the best snake in my opinion to keep.There is also a lot of colours out there but they are not cheap.My pastel cost my £1000.My favorite is the piebald but at £3000 it will be a while.

In the end I had to feed Syd gerbils which makes me think he was wild caught.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    In the end I had to feed Syd gerbils which makes me think he was wild caught.

Probably c/f if it was a baby.Did you try to assist feed it?

Advertisement