Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showing Pictures

Options
  • 22-05-2006 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi All,
    In your opinion(s) what's the best way to show pictures on a website?
    I'd prefer not to use Flash and would like a pop up scrren that closes when I click on it.

Here's the web link www.creativecreatures.ie

Also any advice re picture/thumbnail sizes and resolutions would be appreciated.
    Tks A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

The best example of how to host images is Flickr.com (though I see you have a link in your sig to them). They have a thumbnail that is usually around 500 pixels wide, but it also gives you the option to look at larger versions of the image.

Another pretty nice way of showing images is with LightBox 2.0 where you can show a thumbnail then a larger image in a new layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

What about plain old coppermine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 CreativeA

Oohh Lightbox one looks nice.
    How do I use Flickr on an external site bar with the little badge which brings you back to flickr?
    Is coppemine any good? I find it a bit hard to use at times. Well actually I have never really tried it properly but it looks complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Another easy to use one is JAlbum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 CreativeA

Yeah J Album looks quite good too... all this choice.
    Glad I asked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Fr. Jessip

does anyone know where to get a clear guide to using lightbox, the one on the website has lost me a little bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

Here's a nice way to show your pics
    http://www.starrenburggermanshepherds.com/females.html
    It's done with image gallery magic from:
    http://www.projectseven.com

Advertisement