Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal bar in Dublin

• 22-05-2006 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

I know a lot of Donegal people down through the years head to the Portobello when in Dublin but if you don’t already know this is no longer regarded by us up here as a Donegal bar as it is under new management.

But the good news is that within the month Cassidy’s bar on Camden Street will have new owners one of them being Jamesie O’Donnell (ex-Portobello) so now you know!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Carrickman wrote:
    I know a lot of Donegal people down through the years head to the Portobello when in Dublin but if you don’t already know this is no longer regarded by us up here as a Donegal bar as it is under new management.

But the good news is that within the month Cassidy’s bar on Camden Street will have new owners one of them being Jamesie O’Donnell (ex-Portobello) so now you know!

I will remember this later on this year when we are playing at Croke Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    when we are playing at Croke Park.
    WE ???????????????? Whats this then, a U2 concert or what :D

When the term 'we' is used in the same sentence as Croke Park, it can only mean one thing. The football championship. I look forward to seeing Donegal playing there later on this year. Some call it optimism, I call it confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    When the term 'we' is used in the same sentence as Croke Park, it can only mean one thing. The football championship. I look forward to seeing Donegal playing there later on this year. Some call it optimism, I call it confidence.
    But will you visit Cassidys bar when you are there and if you do lets hope that you do so after the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

muffler wrote:
    But will you visit Cassidys bar when you are there and if you do lets hope that you do so after the match
    Sure Im sure the players will be in there drinking (if Donegal get to Croke Park) in the run up to the match:p

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:

Well, until now, the Portabello was the main place for Donegal fans (although the lazier few amongst us went to Quinn's in Drumcondra), but as the OP said, there is no longer the Donegal connection there. Cassisdy's it is then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Most of us went to the Portabello the night before Donegal games and the night after. But it is on the south side of the city and tends not to get such a big crowd on the morning of the games.
    I'd imagine that Quinn's, McGraths, the Big Tree etc won't lose much business to Cassidy's either!
    But any time I've been in the Portabello when there wasn't a game on there were very few in any other Donegal people in it. Perhaps Cassidy's will be better, I'll give it a shout the next time I'm up anyway.

Just to let anyone of you who are intrested Cassidys is changing hands this weekend:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I nominate that we pick the Polish bar in town as the new donegal pub... with all those hot polish chicks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I second that motion! ;) lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

motion put forward, and seconded

Now for a vote

All in favour say Aye (ironic seeing as we are talking about a donegal bar)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Aye sur ;):D
    Keep er lit... etc...

The place to be this weekend for all Donegal folk!!!

Advertisement