Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Melina and nitro suspended by WWE

• 22-05-2006 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Date Added: May 22, 2006
    Story By: Steve Carrier
    Several days ago it was noted that Johnny Nitro of MNM had been receiving heat backstage. Those backstage felt that he had grown distant with everyone in the SmackDown! locker room since dating Melina. He was always seen with her, and she was even taken to the wrestler's court where the Undertaker was the judge before a recent SmackDown! taping. Joey Mercury had actually been trying to distance himself from the duo so that he didn't receive the same 'heat treatment' from his peers.

Melina was also involved in a backstage fight with Sharmell several weeks ago where JBL came in to break things up. She had also had a previous relationship with Batista.

The early indication is that the angle that was shot at Judgment Day last night where both Melina and Nitro were 'fired' is more of a real life suspension for the two. Melina also lost a quick match to Jillian Hall at the PPV. WWE officials are not happy with their current attitudes as of late.

It doesn't pay to make enemies in the locker-room and there is no word on when or if the duo will be brought back.
    http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=117/articles/news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Nitro and Melina turned on Mercury last night, and then they got "fired". If this means MNM split up it puts an end to any chance WWE had of getting the tag division up and running again.

Hopefully they start a feud between London and Kendrick and Kash and Noble for the titles.
    Oh, can someone tell me why two of the better wrestlers on the SD roster (Noble and Kash) are wearing dog collars and woofing at everybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Further news:
    I've read that Joey Mercury is taking some time off to deal with personal issues so I guess we won't be seeing them for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

what previous relationship did melina have with batista???? i'm hearing that phrase waaay to much at the moment..... guess it doesnt pay to piss off the backstage peeps indeed.... poor melina:eek:

hang on sharmell was in this fight to, why wasnt she suspended????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Whatever has or has not been going on, its just way too soon for the team to be broken up. They had somthing special there.

This is just a hunch and will probably come to nothing. The most obvious explaination is whats been going on backstage .

But I could see Melina and Nitro fitting perfectly into a dx reformation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

there goes any chance of a revivial for the tag team division, now London and Kendrick have no opposition. (And I'll really miss Melinas entrance :( )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Whatever has or has not been going on, its just way too soon for the team to be broken up. They had somthing special there.

This is just a hunch and will probably come to nothing. The most obvious explaination is whats been going on backstage .

But I could see Melina and Nitro fitting perfectly into a dx reformation.

it's not a bad idea :D it's sad that the tag division isint going anywhere..... maybe triple h and shawn can beat the spirit squad to be the new champs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i said it here a few weeks ago. i said melina was going to raw and she will become the womens champion.

triple h wrote:
    i said it here a few weeks ago. i said melina was going to raw and she will become the womens champion.

Are you saying I stole your idea?!?!? Anyway heres a bit about the Melina situation from Brian Alvarez figure four newsletter at www.f4wonline.com (eternally recommened by me):

There is heat on MNM. Actually, it’s mostly on Johnny Nitro and Melina, who are dating. The guys feel that Nitro is growing distant from the locker room, and as everyone is aware, the WWE locker room is a very strange place with all sorts of unwritten codes of conduct. He is not abiding by these unwritten codes. Basically, the guys want the boys to be the boys, and Nitro isn’t being one of the boys as he’s constantly by Melina’s side. Joey Matthews is said to realize this and is distancing himself from the other two. Melina has the most heat of any of them, with one person saying she’s constantly trying to stir up trouble, and may have even had some sort of role in the Booker and Batista thing getting going.

On Big Dave, this is just one guys view. I'm only posting it because well its interesting and also I have heard these rumous for a while. So here it is:

Supposedly, he was having relations with Dawn Marie while he was married. Kevin Kelly reported on Dawn Marie having an affair with somone in the Smackdown lockeroom on wrestling radio network.

Supposedly, he went back to said wife when she had some health issues because it was the right thing to do. Batista has openly talked about this.

Supposedly, he's Melina's side man while she's dating Johnny Nitro.

Why is the heat on MNM and Melina? Oh yah, Batista.

Just rumours and hearsay but I would be surprised if it all was false.

Just an update from wrestlingobserver:

Johnny Nitro & Melina are being moved to Raw as opposed to being suspended.

Whats Matthews gonna do now if he doesn't go to Raw with them? I cant see him being pushed too far as a singles competitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

castagnoli wrote:
    Whats Matthews gonna do now if he doesn't go to Raw with them? I cant see him being pushed too far as a singles competitor.

As was already posted by someone, Matthews is reported to be taking some time off to deal with personal issues.

I do like the idea of Nitro and Melina being moved to Raw. Melina could have good fueds with the likes of Mickie James, trish, and Victoria (would like to see a vitoria vs. Melina match!). Nitro would also be a good IC title contender IMO - good worker with lots of charisma and the right look.

As was already posted by someone, Matthews is reported to be taking some time off to deal with personal issues.

I do like the idea of Nitro and Melina being moved to Raw. Melina could have good fueds with the likes of Mickie James, trish, and Victoria (would like to see a vitoria vs. Melina match!). Nitro would also be a good IC title contender IMO - good worker with lots of charisma and the right look.

Yeah I see that now. Matthews could well end up in ECW if and when he comes back.
    Id enjoy seeing Nitro back on Raw, I loved his role as Bischoff's leckie a few years back. With Melina backing him up, he could become a credible singles competitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Pity they broke up. Best WWE tag team in a long time. I've always liked Nitro though, he should be able to do well on his own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

NO!! cant believe this, ive always liked MNM. Shame, i was lookin forward to them coming over to the point in november. nevermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

credit [url]www.nodq.com:[/url]

just read that nitro and melina should be making there debut on raw soon enough and will be faces not heels.nodq.com also mentions that mathews is a small guy so he will have a limited ability as a singles competitor.

in my opinion making them faces is a bad idea because when they were on smackdown they were to of the biggest heels on the show so if they were to turn face not only would it be a bad idea but if it happend there fueds would be limited and it would make bad viewing.

also i think that mathews will end up like rob conway because since the break up of la resistance he has been doing heat all the time and hasnt been in any real storylines so maybe that will happen mathews or maybe out of the blue he will end up winning all the titles on smackdown and loose them all the week after.you never really no with the wwe do you. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

if they are faces it would lend creedence to the idea that they'd be joining the new face-laden DX

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Batista / Melina vs. Booker / Sharmell in a "I fixed your bike" match* at ECW ONS.

* all equipment used to fix a bike, and indeed, the bike itself can be used freely in this match.

Reported on the torch newsletetter from the observer:

Joey Mercury, accordiing to the Wrestling Observer this week, is being sent to drug rehab, and that's why MNM was broken up. As Torch Newsletter reported, Nitro and Melina are slated to move to Raw with Nitro being a singles wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Reported on the torch newsletetter from the observer:

Joey Mercury, accordiing to the Wrestling Observer this week, is being sent to drug rehab, and that's why MNM was broken up. As Torch Newsletter reported, Nitro and Melina are slated to move to Raw with Nitro being a singles wrestler.

Was reading that yesterday and that they thought it would be better to split MNM because Mercury is supposed to be the one who co-ordinates everything for the team and obviously he won't be around for awhile.

Advertisement