Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

network questions

• 22-05-2006 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Gave a lend of a Belkin wireless card to a friend for a couple of months and just got it back as intend to get BB in a few weeks. When inserted the card I have connectivity to a wireless network, says speed is 54.0 Mbps and excellent signal. When I checked the card it says its an infrastructure network connection type. Before I connected to the network it advised me that this is an unsecured wireless network and others may see information that I send. Just wondering by connecting to this network is it ok in the legal sense, how safe is it to be giving personal information such as credit card numbers and typing passwords and is there any way I can find out where the signal is coming from? Any help/advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Your not and if its not ur network credit cards are the least of your worries if you get caught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

A neighbour has a router and its unsecured meaning no Encryption is on it so anyone can use the internet connection if within range. Basically your getting free internet.

kdjac

Advertisement