Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish media loves ****e

Options
  • 22-05-2006 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Look at this still warm BS!
    Mr McGuinness said today that he had seen a bill recently in which a customer was charged for hiring an eircom telephone that had not been used for many years.

He said he believed this was not an isolated incident and many more customers may be still be paying €25 annually for phones they had replaced years ago.

Mr McGuinness has compared the situation of the AIB overcharging scandal and is calling on the company to investigate these equipment charges and make sure they are eliminated.

He has vowed to raise the matter with the Oireachtas communications committee if an investigation is not forthcoming.

Here we are, trying, often with mixed success, to get important stuff into the Irish media, and a TD mumbles the most awful drivel and it's reported across the board.

P.
    Never thought I had to defend Eircom. But they cannot be blamed when people hire equipment and don't cancel it. Eircom even won't charge people who lost their hired phones and cancel the rent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

how do you lose a land line phone? it's usually attached to something. like a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Look at this still warm BS!

Here we are, trying, often with mixed success, to get important stuff into the Irish media, and a TD mumbles the most awful drivel and it's reported across the board.

P.
    Never thought I had to defend Eircom. But they cannot be blamed when people hire equipment and don't cancel it. Eircom even won't charge people who lost their hired phones and cancel the rent.

They stopped asking for them back years ago. They don't quibble about cancelling it.

They'll even cancel it if you haven't lost it!

I suppose the Phone Robot puts people off phone to change or quiery anything now with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Wellllll, We tried to cancel this rented phone a number of times but Eircom would not untill we sent them a phone back which we did last week... Yes I agree maybe my fathers fault for not checking the small print in the bill over the years, and then when I advised him what to do, his fault again for not finding a big enough envelope to send it back, and getting around to doing it... But I ask you! It seems a bit cheeky to me, when they are trying to be Competative ( or were they)

Shhhhh, dont tell 'em but we were not sure what to send back, so we sent an old phone we found in the attic that my 2 yr old nephew was playing/drooling into... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Or you could get yourself "tricked" (*cough* referring to a previous story *cough*) into switching to TalkTalk. Not only will you no longer be paying Eircom for that old phone, you will also save on all the calls you make. Then spend the hundreds you save annually on an all-inclusive holiday. The only catch is that they'll get you on the travel insurance...

This whole thing is a complete non-story if I've ever seen one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

delop wrote:
    But I ask you! It seems a bit cheeky to me, when they are trying to be Competative ( or were they)
    Your dad paid an extra €25 per year because he failed to successfully call or write to Eircom to cancel the phone apparatus rental (no need to send in the old phone). Now tell your dad to ring for example Irish telecoms company Perlico at 1890 252 178 and within a few minutes he is switched over to that company. From now on he will only pay € 29.99 per month for line rental plus unlimited free calls to all Irish landlines and have substantially lower international call rates and slightly cheaper calls to mobiles. They also offer broadband for € 19.99 per month.
    The competition is out there...but most people seem to be emotionally stuck with that foreign owned company Eircom.

P.
    (not getting any commission)

• Advertisement
Advertisement