Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

just a few a questions

Options
  • 22-05-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

does anyone know how to install Tachometer gauge?
    does an induction kit give any more power to a car?
    thank you:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

an induction kit won't drastically improve the car's power, but will make plenty noise.

what kind of car do you wanna fit the rev counter to?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

honda accord 1.8vtec 2001
    is it easy to fit them gauges?

what about them perfomance gauges?
    are they hard to install??

doesn't your car already have a tachometer?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd be amazed if an 01 Accord didn't have a tachometer. It may be referred to in the handbook as a "rev counter";)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the OP is refering to a turbo boost gauge or something. Even my old 1994 Honda Accord had a rev counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bazz26 wrote:
    I think the OP is refering to a turbo boost gauge or something. Even my old 1994 Honda Accord had a rev counter.

A tachometer is a rev counter. In any case, a turbo boost gauge is not a lot of use in a car without a turbocharger.;)

of course my car have it :p what about them performance gauges that show you fast 0-60mph?
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Buy a Porsche with the Chrono pack :rolleyes:

get a driftbox. a GPS based performance meter. shows actual speed, which is always lower than that shown on your speedo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

good idea maidhc. I especially like the way the exhaust gases emanating from the tailpipe will be uniformly dispersed into the atmosphere. so you're helping the environment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

colm_mcm wrote:
    good idea maidhc. I especially like the way the exhaust gases emanating from the tailpipe will be uniformly dispersed into the atmosphere. so you're helping the environment too.

Oh come on, surely the "beneficial effect to eliminate the initial hesitation of the engine under rapid acceleration" outweighs any ecological effects?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

eoin_s wrote:
    Oh come on, surely the "beneficial effect to eliminate the initial hesitation of the engine under rapid acceleration" outweighs any ecological effects?

And if you fitted an tachometer to it you would have some form of boost guage.

maidhc wrote:
    And if you fitted an tachometer to it you would have some form of boost guage.

any then maybe stick some blue LEDs to it?

or you could hook a small generator to the turbine. run a few wires to the bonnet, to power one of these beauties:

af_1.JPG

an electric supercharger. or a small fan that doesn't have any effect on your engine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Hondas dont really take well to aftermarket filters(unless ur spending bigbucks on a mugen icebox,bmc,arc or the likes) They tend to get horrible flat spots but the roar when vtec is engaged sounds cool!

You could fit a tach if you wanted but its kinda pointless seen as you have one already.Anyways there straightforward to fit,normally 1 signal wire from the engine bay,a ground and a constant 12v for the lights.

If you want to see what your doing 0-60 in its an Apexi Rsm(rev speed meter) that you want.They generall have specific wiring harnesses so there plug and play

Advertisement