Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Costs

• 22-05-2006 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a source available listing the rough costs of different marketing campaigns, for example

Radio Slot
    TV Ads
    Billboards
    National Papers

etc...

I am looking at advertising and just trying to put a budget together.

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

short answer .. no.

Every mag, station, website, billboard location can or could have a different price, all can be discounted, prices will vary according to volumes etc.

Get on the phone .

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Best thing to do is to give a few companies a ring - at least then you're getting actual quotes rather than guestimates.

A lot of the media outlets (papers, websites and tv) have price guides online.

Sky even have a webiste (skymedia.ie) that guides you through the benefits(!) and process of getting ads on the air through them - they'll even point you to a couple of production companies to get the add made.

I'd imagine City Channel and 6 would be pretty cheap to advertise with compared with RTE and the other major channels.

Talk to the advertising departments of a couple of radio stations - they'll usually give you a price including copyrighting and production.

One important thing to note if the tv / radio station does the writting and or production - you'll pay a lower price if the station has exclusive rights to air the commerical. If you want to use the ad on another station the cost will be higher. (Stand to be corrected on this but based on a bit of personal research done for an idea I was working on - it may be different if you get an advertising agency to do the muscle for you).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Thanks all for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Hi Paul

www.medialive.ie or www.adworld.ie may be able to help you out. Alot of the guy's on this board do not know what they are talking about.

regards,

Bug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

good resource there ( that I wasn't aware of) , shame you have to be such an arse about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Buglim wrote:
    Hi Paul

www.medialive.ie or www.adworld.ie may be able to help you out. Alot of the guy's on this board do not know what they are talking about.

regards,

Bug
    you must be working in the indusrty by the sounds of it thats why you know.this is a thread where everyone has there own opinions.so donot be a smart arse

Hi Guys

I did not in anyway mean to insult anyone and I was refering to some of the other Threads. I apologise if i offended anyone and such a comment will not be made again. I was having a terrible day yesterday and once again sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Buglim wrote:
    Hi Guys

I did not in anyway mean to insult anyone and I was refering to some of the other Threads. I apologise if i offended anyone and such a comment will not be made again. I was having a terrible day yesterday and once again sorry.

No problem buddy, i was only kidding with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

From experience - print media rate card prices are negociable up to 60% in some cases, so don't put your budget together based on rate card prices!!

A couple of my clients have looked at doing TV ads, and they have found Sky to offer a pretty good offer (either on Sky 1 or on Sky News). A lot of digital channels may give better rates than you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

You need to nail down which media gives you the best exposure to your market and use the one that give you the best return, unless that is you have shed loads of money and can spread it around but you wouldn't be here if you could!!!

as already stated, it's negotiable depending on lenght of run etc etc but you first need to take a step back as above before wasting time on ad rates!;)

• Advertisement

Hi

I think the best thing would be for you to tell us exactly who you are trying to target and between the experience on thia board I'm sure we could help workout a feasible plan for you.

Advertisement