Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Ring Woes

Options
  • 22-05-2006 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

Hey.

About 6 weeks ago i got my lip pierced, got a ring put in. I went back after the 4 weeks and got the smaller ring in.

So anyways, today i got curious as ive never taken the ring off, so i popped the ball out, but now i can't for the life of me get the bloody thing back in(the ball):o

Anybody know a way of getting it back on?, I've tried putting it back in with my bare hands, but no luck. Am i going to have the same trouble with every ring i buy?

I dont think this violates the charter and my apologies if i sound like a tule.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Yeah they're tricky to get in alright, what you need to do is wipe all the oil/grease off you fingers, then get the ball and pressone of the little indentations against the point of the ring and then try click the other indentation under the other point of the rings. Takes a bit of getting used to but it becomes easy after awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Ok, Thanks man. I'll keep at it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I could never get the hang of em thats why mine are bars. Could never get the damn balls on...ever...no matter how hard i tried. I just dont have the patience, my rook originally had a ring, but took it out and put in a horse shoe style piece. Dont know the proper name for em :o
    Best of luck with putting it back on, if all else fails got to your piercer im sure they wont mind puttin it back on for you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Yea I get a lot of poeple in asking me to put balls back in. Their tricky ****ers but once you get the knack for em its not so bad. Emmett summed it up nicely but try rubber gloves as well. Makes it a LOT easier to grip the ball.

All else fails just call into you nearest piercing studio and they should be happy to pop it in for you. Shouldnt cost you more than a fiver if it costs anything at all.

Wilburt wrote:
    but took it out and put in a horse shoe style piece. Dont know the proper name for em :o

Circular Barbell wuold be the one your on about there.

• Advertisement

yes thats the one! :D *remembers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Never costs me anything to get a ring put back in, and it's happened more than once. I have a smooth segment ring in my lip which I can never put in myself, usually get the boyfriend to put it back in but if I'm in town when I need it done I generally pop in to celestial ring or bodyshock. Either way it's never a problem. Although I do find opening the ring a little with a pliers just to get the ball in place generally helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Hope you managed to get it back in!

As for having the same trouble with every ring you buy, what you can do in future is widen the gap that the ball slots into a little bit with pliers so that it's easier to pop the ball into place. Be careful not have it too loose or the ball will detach itself far too easily and you'll keep losing it! Most people find it a bit tricky regardless, but this should at least help a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Thanks For all the advice.

I got it back in, widened it a tiny bit and just kept at it.

Oh the relief when i felt it click in:D

yeah its a nice feeling, very satisfying :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement