Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie database error

Options
  • 22-05-2006 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's been causing this error? I know regi is tyring out a few things and installing a new server, but does anyone know why the white screen error occurs?

I have a vb based site myself (not yet launched) and i'm frequently getting the same error (see attatchment)

Anyone know the cause/solution?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Might be a problem connecting to the database.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

i.e. a hosting problem? That would make sense because it's sporadic and dissapears after a refresh. I figured it was some sort of error like that (i.e. not with vbulletin) but i just figured someone here might know as boards.ie maintain their own server and my hosts aren't being overly helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Vbulletin DB error messages aren't very helpful. Have a look at the email it sends you - it usually contains a lot more info

blacknight wrote:
    Vbulletin DB error messages aren't very helpful. Have a look at the email it sends you - it usually contains a lot more info

Info which i unfortunately can't decipher! It sends me about 20 emails a day (from me browsing aroud/friend having a look) and each time the email is just slightly different (depending on where the error occured - i presume)

here's a sample of the email
    Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
                                   FROM session
                                   WHERE sessionhash = '65d678cf5df10ec49f31f5dbfc43e2a0'
                                           AND lastactivity > 1148320097
                                           AND host = '<*my host's ip*>'
                                           AND idhash = '5fb2aa151ddd02cd1917202732d09c6d';

MySQL Error  : Record has changed since last read in table 'session'
    Error Number : 1020
    Date         : Monday, May 22nd 2006 @ 07:03:17 PM
    Script       : http://<*mydomain*>/bulletin/admincp/index.php
    Referrer     : http://<*mydomain*>/

That being when i encountered the error in my admincp, presumably. I know i should be hounding my host about this but they don't appeat too learned about the matter.

I removed telling info just because the site isn't live yet, but any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Do you have support with your vB license, where you can ask such questions?

A vB developer has said
    It is a bug in MySQL 4.1.7, the only way to rectify it is to upgrade MySQL.
    . If that is true, then you'll have to have your host upgrade MySQL.

.cg

• Advertisement

cgarvey wrote:
    Do you have support with your vB license, where you can ask such questions?

A vB developer has said . If that is true, then you'll have to have your host upgrade MySQL.

.cg
    Uh-oh spaghetti o's

We've got vb running on servers with several versions of MySQL and never had any issues.. If your host won't help you move. Plain and simple

blacknight wrote:
    We've got vb running on servers with several versions of MySQL and never had any issues.. If your host won't help you move. Plain and simple
    Email interactions with them haven't been the clearest, i finish exams next week and i'll try call them and sort it out.

But on that note, what am i entitled to as regards refund for the rest of the year? (i did the buy 11 months, get one free that alot of hosts offer) and how difficult is it to transfer a database? Is that .sql notepad download all i need? I suppose if i do move it should be before i get users etc....

I'm presuming this is a cue for a plug blacknight?;) :p

failsafe wrote:
    I'm presuming this is a cue for a plug blacknight?;) :p

Not really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

its straight forward to change db from one host to another, its just a case of doing an export query from database X and doing a input query into database Y

• Advertisement
Advertisement