Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Houses?

• 22-05-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭

I just found out that you can buy houses when i was in the commerce office(or something) in the Imperial city. Then when i was in Cheydenhall i saw a house thats for sale. My question is where do you go to buy houses in other towns and what exactly are the benefeits of having one?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You talk to people like counts etc in the cities. Cost about 10 grand. you can store stuff in them, sleep there etc. I don't have one yet. You can also invest in businesses I hear, but I haven't seen anything about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

They are seriously expensive though. But there is one somewhere that is cheaper. Maybe it's even a mission reward?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

chamlis wrote:
    They are seriously expensive though. But there is one somewhere that is cheaper. Maybe it's even a mission reward?

Yea, its the one in Anvil, you can get it for 5 grand; quite cheap. However there is a catch - I wont spoil it but I will say that it is worth doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

The house in the Imperial City is only 2k. Storage containers in your house never refresh but containers in the outside world will and you'll loose your items in the container when that happens. Each house also got a bed you can sleep in etc. No other real benefits. Most expensive house is a mansion in Skingrad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

houses for the win!!! get a house they are really handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

You can also invest in businesses I hear, but I haven't seen anything about that.

I gotta be a master of mercantile for that I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Yeah, unfortunately you gotta get Mercantile up to 100 before you can invest in a shop, the owner will then have an extra 500g to trade with you next time you use him.
    I've got houses in most towns now, the only thing that's stopping me buying more is having to go up and talk to the counts of the towns. I don't find houses all that much use as you can sleep in any of the guilds you are in or on any bedroll you happen to find when out and about.
    I sell all I don't immediately need so storage is never a problem.

Roen wrote:
    Yeah, unfortunately you gotta get Mercantile up to 100 before you can invest in a shop
    Get into the arcane university and make yourself a Fortify Mercantile spell for 2 secs and cast it just before you talk to a shop keeper? There's a ton of game mechanics like this that you can abuse.

CodeMonkey wrote:
    Get into the arcane university and make yourself a Fortify Mercantile spell for 2 secs and cast it just before you talk to a shop keeper? There's a ton of game mechanics like this that you can abuse.
    :o Ahem, I bow to your knowledge:o

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

CodeMonkey wrote:

I made a single spell that fortifies my mercantile 100pts and my personality 40 pts for 4 secs, Shopkeepers go weak at the knees when they see me! :D

• Advertisement

I made a single spell that fortifies my mercantile 100pts and my personality 40 pts for 4 secs, Shopkeepers go weak at the knees when they see me! :D

you serious??? dam that's a good spell

Man I gotta try that!

Yes, yes it is. I gets the owner of the Peacemakers up ptitty high. Thats what I like about Oblivion, In Morrowind you could forget about puting two spells together like that, the costs shot up.

Oh my other favourite is feather 100pts and fortify strength 20pts for looting dungeons. You have no idea how much time it saves me when i'm collecting.

Oh my other favourite is feather 100pts and fortify strength 20pts for looting dungeons. You have no idea how much time it saves me when i'm collecting.
    How do you make spells with 2 effects? Never seen the option.

I have 5 different feather 100pts spells. The effect stacks so you can make as many as you want but having strength as a second effect in the same spell is better. I won't have to cast as many feather spells to carry the same amount of weight.

sorry this is better

How do you do this VJ

CodeMonkey wrote:
    How do you make spells with 2 effects? Never seen the option.

As I remember it's the same as for enchanting items. after you've selected a spell in the list on the left and set up the options you want for it you ok it and then go select another spell in the list. When you're finished you'll have the spells you want in the right hand list.

I seem to remember having a spell in Morrowind that had about four effects. Could be wrong though. Iirc it electrocuted, set on fire, froze and absorbed the health of anyone in a 20ft radius that it hit. That was on the Xbox though and I gave that to a lad in work so I have no way of checking.

As I remember it's the same as for enchanting items. after you've selected a spell in the list on the left and set up the options you want for it you ok it and then go select another spell in the list. When you're finished you'll have the spells you want in the right hand list.
    Ah yeah, figured out how to do it. Pretty sure I tried it before and it didn't work but maybe I was half asleep in my previous attempts. Anyhoo, the 100pt feather and 20str is not worth doing cause the spell would use up 250+ magicka. Casting 5 different 100pt feather and stacking the effects is only around 150 magicka.

What's the story with these spells that cost 2000+ magicka? Can anybody actually cast these?

• Advertisement

Roen wrote:
    What's the story with these spells that cost 2000+ magicka? Can anybody actually cast these?
    That finger of the mountain spell? That particular spell is a levelled spell which menas that the magicka cost and damage it does depends on your level when you got it. If you get this when you are too high it's unusable. I got it when I was about lvl18 and it still costs 500+ magicka. If I make myself all +50 magicka gear and get destruction and intelligence to 100 then I probably got enough magicka to cast it once...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have that spell, it's pathetically crap and doesn't cost that much...

what does it do, use spoiler tags if ya want

It's a levelled spell which means it's very weak if you are low level when you got it. At high level it's impossible to cast because of mana cost so best time to get it is at mid levels. It's just a damage spell, might have some area affect attached to it. Can't remember if it's actually any good or not but it's probably better than normal spells if you can use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neuwander

I prefer alchemy for upping feather.

It's simple. All you need is sacred lotus seeds and vennison. They're both really easy to find. the water in imperial city has loads of lillies that have the lotus seeds and vinnison can be hunted or found on dinner tables.

It depends on your mercantile level, but I get about 150 points of feather for 500+ seconds with each potion.

I carry tons of the potions because they're so easy to make. I guess if you wanted extra, you could combine the potion with a feather spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

neuwander wrote:
    It depends on your mercantile level, but I get about 150 points of feather for 500+ seconds with each potion.

No, it depends on your alchemy skill and your equipment quality.

Welcome along btw.

CodeMonkey wrote:
    Ah yeah, figured out how to do it. Pretty sure I tried it before and it didn't work but maybe I was half asleep in my previous attempts. Anyhoo, the 100pt feather and 20str is not worth doing cause the spell would use up 250+ magicka. Casting 5 different 100pt feather and stacking the effects is only around 150 magicka.

It doesnt cost me anywhere near that much to cast! More like 50pts for the spell.
    Roen wrote:

The spels become cheaper the better you get in the respective school of magic, it should bring them within reach. :)

It doesnt cost me anywhere near that much to cast! More like 50pts for the spell.

The spels become cheaper the better you get in the respective school of magic, it should bring them within reach. :)
    Aha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Really? Of that I was not aware.

Advertisement