Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealer experiences

Options
  • 22-05-2006 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Am looking at a car from Sarsfield Motors on carzone, might be bringin a friend to see it, shes lookin to buy and it seems ok. Anybody know these guys? there on conyngham road beside the bus garage.

Thanks........

Or if you know what to look for when buyin a punto. 98 85bhp elx model

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

I've had dealings with them.
    personally I wouldn't go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the main thing to look for when buying any Punto is a warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

$Leon$ wrote:
    I've had dealings with them.
    personally I wouldn't go near them.
    what was wrong with your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Yes, please elaborate. I am having a bit of difficulty with this crowd at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

colm_mcm wrote:
    the main thing to look for when buying any Punto is a warranty

Passed one of these stranded, flights flashing and owner sitting inside looking thoroughly pissed off in the middle of the M50 carpark outside Bray this afternoon, is probably still there, tow vehicle would take a loooong time to get there!
    Traffic was backed up all the way to the Cherrywood exit.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Head gaskets are always blowing on Puntos from that year. Not to mention all the other problems that owners typically find with them. As far as I know, Puntos from 2000 onwards are far more reliable, but anything from before then, avoid. You might get it for cheap initially, but anyone I know has poured about twice the initial cost into repairs for them. Also, I don't think a '98 Punto has power steering. Not a huge deal, but it's one of those nice to haves.

Advertisement