Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from UTV

• 22-05-2006 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Going to change from UTV.
    I have two questions.
    1) Best way to cancel UTV.
    2) Thinking of changing to Digiweb. Any see a problem with this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

you need to write to utv to cancel the account-they don't accept email notification.
    if you are subscribibg to the digiweb metro product and if you have a network you will need to replace your router because metro needs a cable router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Hi pjproby,
    No just changing to 1mb or 2mb deal. Do I still need to send back the modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I presume you're switching to Digiweb DSL and not Metro? If so,
    DO NOT cancel UTV first or you will be left without BB for a couple of months.
    Contact Digiweb first and get them to send you a DTAF (Transfer form) and send it back to them. They will port your service over to them with no downtime.
    Then cancel UTV when you're live with Digiweb. They do accept email cancellations to admin@u.tv.
    You have to send back the modem and possibly pay a cancellation fee, depending on when you signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

kaizersose's spot on there, but if you want to take a small gamble to save some money, you can do what I did when I was changing from UTV to BT - place the order with the new supplier, confirm that it's been processed, get an estimated live date, and then cancel UTV. The gamble is on whether anything goes wrong with the transfer - if you're lucky like I was, it won't, Digiweb will turn you on before UTV's 30 days are up, and you save an extra month's UTV sub.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

tomk wrote:
    kaizersose's spot on there, but if you want to take a small gamble to save some money, you can do what I did when I was changing from UTV to BT - place the order with the new supplier, confirm that it's been processed, get an estimated live date, and then cancel UTV. The gamble is on whether anything goes wrong with the transfer - if you're lucky like I was, it won't, Digiweb will turn you on before UTV's 30 days are up, and you save an extra month's UTV sub.

Are you not required to give a month's notice when leaving?

And make sure and return the modem.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help guys.

I rang Digiweb and asked them about a wireless router and they sell the Zyxel Prestige 660-61 for €39.99. Should I go with this one or buy a different one online? Sorry I don't know much about routers so have to ask.

Thanks again.

litirspam wrote:
    Thanks for all the help guys.

I rang Digiweb and asked them about a wireless router and they sell the Zyxel Prestige 660-61 for €39.99. Should I go with this one or buy a different one online? Sorry I don't know much about routers so have to ask.

Thanks again.

Anyone?

Advertisement