Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Dive and Surf Gear

• 22-05-2006 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi!
    Have you lads heard of the LIDL Surf & Dive Specials that will be on sale next week?
    I heard they will have wetsuits, equipment bags, shoes and other stuff.

Last time I got to the shop at 9:30am and they were all sold out!
    Quality seems to be good, what do you think? (www.lidl.ie)
    :o

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Last time I got to the shop at 9:30am and they were all sold out!
    Quality seems to be good, what do you think? (www.lidl.ie)
    :o

Darragh

Missed them myself, last time round, thanks for the heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Hi!
    Have you lads heard of the LIDL Surf & Dive Specials that will be on sale next week?
    Yeah I saw your note over on P45

So again, which store is it you manage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Got some of the gear last year, fins, snorkel, knife, torch,gloves.
    all are very good and with those prices excellent value for money. Will not feel that bad if you lose or damage one of them.
    couldn't knock the gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Super! Will they be available in all stores?

...can anyone tell me - should you be trying on the wetsuit before buying???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

i got a load of gear out there last time it was available. the knifes, bootees, gloves are grand.

the masks are crap and so are the torches. stay away your wasting money on these.

i picked up a 5mm suit and 3mm shorty. have to say they are grand. use em for surfing tho, not diving....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

ill have to que for that stuff! looks good, the weight belt looks a bit weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

use em for surfing tho, not diving....

Cool, that's what I want them for. I'd say they be good for warm water diving too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I'm new to this queueing lark, how long before will I have to go down?

Zulu wrote:
    how long before will I have to go down?

*avoids oral sex joke*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Philipp2006

i got a load of gear out there last time it was available. the knifes, bootees, gloves are grand.

the masks are crap and so are the torches. stay away your wasting money on these.

i picked up a 5mm suit and 3mm shorty. have to say they are grand. use em for surfing tho, not diving....

I have both the mask and the torch and I am very happy. With the mask just make sure it fits before you buy it. they have three torches this time. could anybody recommend one?

• Advertisement

Would you guys be working for Lidl by any chance? Darragh Pender has already been banned and Philipp2006, well, we're watching you.

Guerilla marketing is not tolerated here and we have ways and means of making organisations indulging themselves on our precious boards.ie regret doing so. Now kindly move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

I bought the small LED torch the last time . . . .total waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

so has anyone genuinely baught any of dive equiptment form lidl? Im thinking of getting the BCD knife a nd the leg knife aswell as the torch??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

I bought gloves last year and theyve lasted till now..but are kinda starting to peel and are loosing their ability to keep my hands warm!! cant complain though lasted me all winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

yes i have. torches and masks are crap. rest of gear is grand. ya get what ya pay for.....

If your getting a torch dont get this one, http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060529.p.LED i got this before and its crap, but the other ones look pretty good! Ill be buying the fins, they look like good back ups, gloves, and knifes well a knife is a knfie its only as good as the edge you put on it!,

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Voodoo2 wrote:
    If your getting a torch dont get this one, http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060529.p.LED i got this before and its crap, but the other ones look pretty good! Ill be buying the fins, they look like good back ups, gloves, and knifes well a knife is a knfie its only as good as the edge you put on it!,

Only a 30m limit, so it will flood at 15m :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

theres murder on Joe Duffy about this at the moment, people giving out about the knifes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

I'm thinking of getting the €150 wet suit, anyone know if it's decent? I need it for caving so would have to be quite good

giftgrub wrote:
    theres murder on Joe Duffy about this at the moment, people giving out about the knifes!!

The Joe Duffy Show ....AKA A forum for professional whingers with alot of time on their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 scuba chick

Benny-c wrote:
    The Joe Duffy Show ....AKA A forum for professional whingers with alot of time on their hands.
    well to be honest i can see where they are coming from, when i look at it from a non-diver point of view-we want them for diving, but whats to stop the scum out there getting them and using them as weapons. lidl really should have some sort of method in ensuring people are buying them for diving, eg asking us to produce our padi cards, or log books,or the equivilant for cft.

LOL, whats to stop scum from going into any supermarket and buying extreamely large kitchen knifes,htat would be far more lethatl then those diving knives.

Also.Looking at the " high performance" torch is a 3 watt LED not exteramely underpowered for diving???

well to be honest i can see where they are coming from, when i look at it from a non-diver point of view-we want them for diving, but whats to stop the scum out there getting them and using them as weapons. lidl really should have some sort of method in ensuring people are buying them for diving, eg asking us to produce our padi cards, or log books,or the equivilant for cft.

I bought one of the knives as a spare (I am currently on my third!), & it has a blunted top, so therefore it wouldn't be much use as a weapon to stab someone, or an attacking great white....:D .Anyway if a skobie wants to buy a knife he can just as easily go to Roches Stores/Dunnes/Tesco Etc....Do you seriously expect Mary/Johnny minimum wage do give a crap about a dive log book.

Answers on a postcard......................:)

Well I bought the Two Knives, the Small one has some edge on it, and the big one is ok, good for hacking underwater to get stuff off rocks! I also got he fins, quiet nice flexible lots of power in them id say, also got the gloves good spares, and another mask! (a back up to a back up) all in all lots of snorklers taking advantage of the gear, hope we can see some of them now actually using it!

I bought some of the stuff as well (Fins, mask, gloves), only one problem though-most of the divers on the boat next weekend will have alot of the same gear, think of the arguements after the dive:D

So is a 3 watt led torch any good??I would have thought it would be very weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

I got one of the torches as my Kowalski is currently back at the factory. Must say I was impressed with the light from it in a cave. It's not great in lower light (some sunlight) but in the dark (caves/under rocks etc.) it's pretty bright. Would make a good backup torch. Had it to 40M and no sign of leaks. All in all not bad value.

Cheers man thanks for the reply.I got it but i havent been out on a dive yet and i was wondering if it was worth keeping or if i should return it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

My wife bought what she thought was the 3mm shorty. She texted me that she had bought it for €30 and it was fine. When I got home and saw it and looked in the brochure, it was actually the 5mm shorty from the €150 3-piece "professional" ;) suit. Don't know how the shop let it go like that, but my wife now has a reasonable 5mm shorty for €30. She's snorkelled in it already and says its good enough for that - no noticable flushing of water and not restrictive.

Mark

This is my first post BTW. I'm going to post an intro with a few questions.

• Advertisement

Hi Mark and welcome to boards.ie.

*ahem*
    Mwuh-huh-huh-haa-haaa.

Anyway ...

Post away and ask whatever questions you like. Have a read of this forum's Charter too as that may answer some of your questions.

Advertisement