Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam results

Options
  • 22-05-2006 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

When can we expect results from the exams? I heard something that UCD is not permitted to keep students waiting more than one month - is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Well first years were told to expect them before the end of June but I dont know about the other years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

1st years were told "no later than 5..00pm on the 30th of June". Dunno about the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

Usually out about mid June, ie. between the 12th and 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

GusherING wrote:

Is this for first years only?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/results/sum2006.htm
    Nah, early July for a lot of people.

• Advertisement

GusherING wrote:
    Meant to say July, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

flodis79 wrote:
    When can we expect results from the exams? I heard something that UCD is not permitted to keep students waiting more than one month - is this true?
    no, there is nothing stopping them keeping them as long as they like, but believe it or not the college admin get no sadistic pleasure from torturing students.

Results cannot be realised before some meeting, cant remember its name, standards board or something. It varies by college. I'd say the provisional dates here: http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/results/sum2006.htm are the 2nd working day after said meeting. In my experience they are rough estimates. The day of the meeting is fixed, then its just however long it takes to upload to sis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

23rd for myself, no dates yet for ickle first years, last year my date was 21st but they were up a week (15th) before, hopefully it'll be the same again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

GusherING wrote:

:mad: , i never want my results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Janacopolis

drdre wrote:
    :mad: , i never want my results.

phew, thought i was the only 1... and i'm not even finished yet. cutting my j1 short = :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think we get ours around the 12th or 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

no, there is nothing stopping them keeping them as long as they like, but believe it or not the college admin get no sadistic pleasure from torturing students.

Results cannot be realised before some meeting, cant remember its name, standards board or something. It varies by college. I'd say the provisional dates here: http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/results/sum2006.htm are the 2nd working day after said meeting. In my experience they are rough estimates. The day of the meeting is fixed, then its just however long it takes to upload to sis

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see 3rd Arts up there... and all the 2nd year results are pretty pointedly 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Blush_01 wrote:
    Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see 3rd Arts up there... and all the 2nd year results are pretty pointedly 2nd year.
    Thursday 6 July - 2nd Arts, 2nd Music, 2nd Social Science, 1st/3rd BBS (Housing & Community Studies), Arts, Human Sciences, Celtic Studies (Postgraduate Degrees & Diplomas)
    I think the "1st/3rd" refers to everything listed after, so it'd be 3rd Arts then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

On 30th June all the first year results will be out.Should be an interesting day.

I think the "1st/3rd" refers to everything listed after, so it'd be 3rd Arts then too.

See I would have read it as
    Thursday 6 July - 2nd Arts, 2nd Music, 2nd Social Science, 1st/3rd BBS (Housing & Community Studies), Arts, Human Sciences, Celtic Studies (Postgraduate Degrees & Diplomas)

Especially as
    Friday 30 June Stage 1 Modular Results
    is there.

*shrugs shoulders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AllStar

6th of fecking july, does that seem later than usual???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It is, pretty much everything in UCD at the moment is later than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 reb_f

does anyone know if we get a letter with the results or are they just on SIS web for us to check? Don't really want the parentals seeing how i do, since i'll be away and they check my mail...and do they send u a letter if u fail an exam? also, when in august are the repeats usually? :confused:

On the SIS web system in the Log in Secure Area at the front of the UCD homepage at www.ucd.ie/computing/itucd

Put in your details and log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

And no they don't send results by post.

• Advertisement

reb_f wrote:
    does anyone know if we get a letter with the results or are they just on SIS web for us to check? Don't really want the parentals seeing how i do, since i'll be away and they check my mail...and do they send u a letter if u fail an exam? also, when in august are the repeats usually? :confused:

Unless they've changed the system again, you will only get a paper copy of your results if you're a final year. Other than that, it's online all the way bay-bee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

That is to say, no, you won't get any postal notification, you're just expected to find your way online on the day of their release. No idea about whether you're formally notified of any failure though.

**edit: forgot to read the second page of this thread first! It seems I'm at least an hour behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

I get mine 2 days after im finsihed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 reb_f

cheers, hopefully won't have to think bout repeats, but in case i do have to, the parents CANNOT know...cud be fun tryimg to come back from J1 without them knowing...!!!;)

I got an email off the Arts Programme Board. They are meeting on the 22nd of June to confirm the results for BA students. BSocSci is on that day too. According to the timetable, that gives them a week to publish 1st Arts and another week to put up 2nd Arts on SIS. It'll probably be sooner than that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whothe****cares

As far as i know all lecturers must have exams corrected by 30th of June.

The delay is then sorting out all the results and putting them up on SIS.

Hence ending my 3 years at college with a degree :eek:

I really should be on that board ffs!!

I really should be on that board ffs!!

Advertisement