Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spam!

• 22-05-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I run an Irish web site and over the last few months I have been getting an email from an irish guy telling me about his seminars. I did not want these emails and a week and a half ago I sent him an email saying that I did not want any more of these emails, and I also unsubscribed using the link on the end of the emails in question. Now he said that he had taken me off his lists and that was grand, fair enough.

A few days ago I got another one, and today I got another one...is he in breach of any spams laws? I sent him an email there now saying I want no more emails...have I any options if he keeps sending me them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You should probably give the internet police a ring... file a report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

The more you pay attention to him the more likely he is to continue sending them to you. Put his email address into your blocked senders in youe email client - he'll send them but you won't see them.

cheers man appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

If the sender is Irish and you have asked to have your address removed he is in breach of Irish data privacy legislation.

• Advertisement

blacknight wrote:
    If the sender is Irish and you have asked to have your address removed he is in breach of Irish data privacy legislation.

... and what do you do about it to stop it?

Gosh wrote:
    ... and what do you do about it to stop it?

Report them to the Data Privacy lot, submit them to spamcop, whine at their isp and block them from my mail server with a nice "550 get lost you annoying spammer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Indeed, if he is reported to the Data Protection Commissioner, usually the commissioner will investigate, and if found in breach of the data protection act, the commissioner will formally ask him to remove you from his list. If he continues, he's liable for prosecution.

Indeed

All easier said than done I suspect (IMO). Far easier to just put him in your blocked senders list and ignore him ...

• Advertisement

Thanks all for your comments!

Advertisement