Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Feedback - Please

Options
  • 23-05-2006 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Im currently working on a site for a client, just wondering if i could get some feedback from some of yous as to if the colour scheme is good/bad easy on the eyes...

Currently there is only a splash page and then the chat forum, the basic layout is the same(forum page) all the way through.

Thanks in advance,
    Ziycon

*Edit
    Currently its only designed to work properly in Firefox, working on fixing to work in IE.
    www.xma.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A URL may prove helpful!

edit: If you are referring to the link in your sig then currently all I can say is remove the frameset from the forum as forum pages can get fairly wide and reducing their width is (IMO) not wise practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I assume its XMA.ie

Too many scroll bars, especially the one at the top of the page.

Colour scheme is fine and the forums homepage will look quite nice with a few small formatting changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Remove the frames and the (lots of) white space in your forum.. and I'm not sure the Red & Grey of the log mix with the yellow background in the blog, but that's just personal opinion I guess.

Try a bit of anti-aliasing in the logo to smooth it up a small bit. Try some drop shadow or something on the text of the logo?

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

cgarvey wrote:
    Remove the frames and the (lots of) white space in your forum.. and I'm not sure the Red & Grey of the log mix with the yellow background in the blog, but that's just personal opinion I guess.

Try a bit of anti-aliasing in the logo to smooth it up a small bit. Try some drop shadow or something on the text of the logo?

.cg

Im currently just editing the the forum, working on getting rid of all scroll bars. There wont be as much whitespace when done and i'll look into the forum colours.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

I htink it looks really good.
    The colour scheme is great. You don't have too many main forums which is a good thing too.

You should create a few accounts and start talking to yourself to pad it out a bit and get a better idea of what it WILL look like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

i think the logo is great

Advertisement