Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic Rock/Metal

• 23-05-2006 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

I know it doesn't make much sense but i was listening to Blackwater Park today by Opeth and i find that im liking the acoustic bits a lot more than the Heavy bits

it could just be that it sounds good with the heavy bits in the same song.I'm not sure

But i was wondering are there any rock/metal bands that are also very good with an acoustic guitars....or will i just have to buy more Opeth?:D :Dand if so which ones,i know i should have all there albums but they are always so goddamn expensive

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i might be wrong but i think there's quite a bit of acoustic stuff on some iced earth albums.
    could be well wrong here its been a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

mayordenis wrote:
    i might be wrong but i think there's quite a bit of acoustic stuff on some iced earth albums.
    could be well wrong here its been a while.
    They also have some acoustic versions of their normal tracks. When The Eagle Cries is just fantastic imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

No where nears as heavy as Opeth, but check out these for accoustic stuff
    Alice in chains - jar of flies
    Black Label Society - hangover music vol 4
    Zack Wylde - Book of shadows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Porcupine Tree & Green Carnation. for PT, In Absentia is a fantastic album, go buy. you buy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Don't bother with Hangover Music, Zakk Wyldes production ****s the whole thing up. Its too bass heavy for an acoustic record. Not enough rhytm guitars. Nice leads if a bit repetitive. Book of Shadows is ace though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

You might like Rodrigo y Gabriella, their covers at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

slipknot - "circle" & "vermillion part 2"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Arucard wrote:
    Porcupine Tree & Green Carnation. for PT, In Absentia is a fantastic album, go buy. you buy!!

At the moment im checking out porcupine tree....so far,so good.:D :D

i'll try and check out the rest

so thats iced Earth,green carnation,zack wylde and R y G i've to check out

I alraedy have A.I.C. and the slipknot stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If you liked the acoustic sections on Blackwater Park, you should get Damnation next. The entire album is in that vain.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Green Carnation have an acoustic cd, with acoustic versions of most of their songs, it's called "The Acoustic Verses".

• Advertisement
Advertisement