Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Exchange query

• 23-05-2006 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Hello there,
    I ordered digiweb DSL the other week through their website. It said "Congratulations your phone number is able for DSL", which i assumed meant all was ok and id have it soon enouph. After completing the order i got a confirmation e-mail.
    In the email it says :
    "As you are pre-ordering for a Telephone Exchange area yet to be DSL-enabled, we still need to run the Line Test for your line. This will occur within 2 days of the exchange being enabled."

Now I dont know much, but from this I gather I could be waiting a long long time before my area is "DSL-enabled". Is this correct?
    If so I'll probably just go for a different company, as I wanted to have BB ASAP, and because their site said my phone line was ready i thought i could have it pretty soon.

PS I live in Rathmines in Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

You will not get any different response from anyone else (Eircom / resellers) unless you go to someone that has unbundled an exchange.

Digiweb resells Eircom's DSL, so do most others and I would expect would get similar responses on the line status and test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I had eircom DSL last year and that worked fine. So my digiweb should already be enabled? Since its the same exchange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Spunge wrote:
    I had eircom DSL last year and that worked fine. So my digiweb should already be enabled? Since its the same exchange?

I am not sure what the actual process is for lines changing 'ownership' but if you had DSL before on that specific line I would not expect any issue with DSL from another provider. Perhaps some of the issue is getting the line released for use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Spunge wrote:
    Odd.

If the new line is *REALLY* on the same exchange Eircom shouldn't have flagged the line as on a shortly to be enabled exchange.

Either Eircom has made a mistake or though you are same postal area it is not in fact actually the same exchange.

If you actually have a phone number you can put it into any DSL supplier's web site checker and it will tell you if the DSL is available (Unless it is an Unbundled line, rare, all lines use the Eircom database).

If you pay line rental to Eircom, then it is not unbundled and every supplier is in the same boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Maybe Digiweb has made a mistake? I wouldn't bother dealing with it here. Call Digiweb and let them figure it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement