Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

empire at war V xbox+games

Options
  • 23-05-2006 4:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Important financial decision. Should I buy a copy of empire at war or hold out and buy an xbox and games.

xbox V empire at war 8 votes

xbox+games
    0% 0 votes
    empire at war
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have a lot on your mind at 4 am? The xbox is effectively dead so it would be a very bad console to get considering that the xbox 360 will see a price drop before the PS3 launch. Wouldn't consider it unless it was very cheap and had a lot of excellent games to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

True, but Empire at War, on the other hand, is a steaming pile of poo. I thought so anyway, never had a game get so repetitive so quickly....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If you're a starwars nerd go for EAW, its a great concept but lacks depth. i personally love it, but it can get repetitve. Xbox is dead as retro said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[STA-7]SSgt.Ste

be that as it may I am a star wars NERD but at heart i am just a gamer and can't get enough of that wonderful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Wait for EaW expansion to come out and buy 'em together for cheaper maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Lucasarts just released some modding tools, theres alot of mods being worked on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

EaW has probably the most fun space battles I have seen, I didnt like Homeworld (or HW2) much, but the space battles in EaW are darn good fun, however the land battles are awful, usually just throw hundreds of troops at them and auto resolve.

As for an XBox, theres Ninja Gaiden Black on it, which is an unbelievably good game, and is an exclusive, other than that I cant see any reason to buy one, unless you like Halo2 (which is coming out on the PC soon enough anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ninja Gaiden and Panzer Dragoon Orta are the only single player reasons to own an xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I wouldn't bother with either, my personal suggestion would be for you to hang on until November time when the Nintendo Wii is out and the Xbox 360 gets a price cut.

• Advertisement

you all realize Wii don't got HD :eek:
    I like marioo to much to pay without improvment
    as for the 360 ive been toying with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

you all realize Wii don't got HD :eek:

Oh, so that must mean it's **** then :rolleyes:. I'm glad it doesn't have HD, I won't have to buy a €1,500 T.V. accessory for it when I buy it.

I've the 360 and all its HD functionality through a PC monitor and VGA and it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, HD doesn't make games better and I have more fun with all my Nintendo DS games which are most definitely not in HD. I'm still waiting for a 360 game to wow me, Oblivion was underwhelming if you played Morrowind; there's no other game of note on the console. The revolution of' HD gaming' has most certainly left me u****ressed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Laguna HD does make a difference - if you're playing it through your PC monitor then its likely that you are used to HD gaming on a PC so it looks normal to you. Console gamers notice the difference and and they notice it on a bigger screen than most monitors. If you don't think it adds much change your 360 to display in SD and play through your monitor...

Also I don't know where you buy your electronics, but stop. 1500 for a HDTV? You can pick a decent on up for under a grand this weather...unless you want a huge one - but you're used to a PC monitor so 26"-32" should do you fine right?

And if you're basing the entire HD revolution on 1 console and 5 months it sounds like you're not really giving it a chance at all...

HD revolution is a joke tbh. It's just games in higher res. We've had that on the PC since SVGA and it didn't make any difference to games except make them look nicer (unless you count making the crosshair harder to see :) )

of course its just when you already have an HDTV getting a Wii right at launch is pointless maybe march of next year or something

Advertisement