Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Brown Ale

Options
  • 23-05-2006 5:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen it in off-licenses for years. Does anyone here happen to know of any shops in Dublin that still sell it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I haven't had a bottle of Dog in a while, hopefully someone will know where to find it in Dublin, cos I quite like this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I've seen it in a few places around Dublin. It's nice... when you have no taste buds. All of my friends that have tried it agree it gives the worst hangovers they've ever had (about 8 people so far) so bad that it has it's own name, a brownover.

Dunnes and Tesco's are the main offenders, Delany's (I think that's what it's called) on georges street had it along with the off license across the road from the bleeding horse (beside a centra) That one had bottles while the rest seem to have just cans. Although I don't go out of my way to look for the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Cheers Mantel. I think a few bottles would go down well later. The Bleeding Horse is on Camden Street, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I think I saw it in the porter house.

kinaldo wrote:
    Cheers Mantel. I think a few bottles would go down well later. The Bleeding Horse is on Camden Street, right?

That's the one. Did you have any luck?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Mantel wrote:
    That's the one. Did you have any luck?

I did indeed, thanks man. There's something I love about them brown ale bottles.. and it tastes great. I guess I'll be making regular trips up there from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 minniemorgan

whelans off licence wexford st,buy 10 and get them for 3euro each.mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Dunnes in Ashleaf, Crumlin. Also in Superquinn Walkinstown I think.

The brownover plague is spreading, my 3 year mission to stop it is failing.

I've seen it in loads of offies but only in cans. Tried it once and never again, Foul stuff altogether, just my opinion though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Tried it once and never again, Foul stuff altogether, just my opinion though.

Sadly its seam to have suffered from mass production, its produced in one of the most souls less place I have ever seen:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭sqlpod

Ardkeen shopping centre, Waterford City.
    Never touch a can it's nothing like a bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭sqlpod

you are lucky ruth, they dumped all the can's down here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

sqlpod wrote: »
    It's one of those get 'em both, pour 'em both in a glass, and taste 'em blind situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

sqlpod wrote: »
    Ardkeen shopping centre, Waterford City.

I'd 2nd this. Tesco have the cans for a long time, i decided to try this ale for the first time out of a can and by god it was muck.

I do know its a delicious ale bottled or on draught in UK but avoid the can people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Nookie brown is good stuff ,hangovers are worth it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Why don't they put a widget in the can??

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

The McHughs off licences on Dublins Northside do bottles of this for about 3.20 I think, quality beer but a severe hangover in the morning after a good few of them!

Porterhouses sell them as well....at about 6 Euro a bottle!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement