Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband usage check

• 23-05-2006 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

I noticed about a week ago that my usage meter had frozen/stopped. It's been at the same amount for a while now.

I know that It should have moved on at least 3 gigs.

Do I ask them to fix it or should I ignore it, hoping that it's broken their end as well. :rolleyes:

Kevin

If you want to check go HERE.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

My usage check informs me that I haven't logged in since Dec 2005 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Dr. Dre wrote:
    My usage check informs me that I haven't logged in since Dec 2005 :confused:
    Me too.
    Last Login Thu Dec 15 09:35:00 2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Even if you inform them, they won't fix it. You're probably best off ignoring it and just download what you want. Use something like DUMeter if you want to keep a personal tally. I've noticed huge differences some months between what the BT usage meter says and what DUMeter has for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

i'm only with them 2 months and it stopped on May 6th...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Gryzor wrote:
    i'm only with them 2 months and it stopped on May 6th...:rolleyes:

Mine stopped 5th of May.
    Dr. Dre wrote:
    My usage check informs me that I haven't logged in since Dec 2005.

Have you been downloading much? Any phone calls or emails saying you've gone over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I don't really download all that much to be fair, it wouldn't be anywhere near my 30Gb limit.

[Edit] I wouldn't worry about it, if I was a downloader I'd keep going until they told me otherwise - I mean it's their own fault for not having the usage thing working right.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

Mine was 'frozen' at Sep 05. Submitted enquiry through support part of website. They fixed it and emailed me back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Mine packed in sometime round the 2mb->3mb upgrade....it got fixed after calling TS (with a separate issue) but has been broken again since mid march.

Then again, the BT site reliably informs me that I have no phone or internet products with their comapny anytime I ever try to log a fault lol

Advertisement