Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223 licence

Options
  • 23-05-2006 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Hey all im lookin for some help on this one. I recently got a shotgun as some of you know. I am going to go ahead and get a .223. Rang my FO yesterday evenin and he said "Go through all the letters from farmers again (3 req) and bring it all down to me". I was waitin 5 weeks for my licence, ive checked with some friends of friends and that seems to be a short wait round here to get a licence. Im gona get a second hand rifle, hopefully one which was traded in with a scope mounted.
    But if as you say 5 weeks is a long time how long do you think ill be left waitin this time. Im content with the shotgun, but id like to get the rifle this side of september........... Maybe even christmas lol

Any experiences with long waits, nasty FOs????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054891195

have a read of that, some people got theirs in a few days while others were waiting months and months.

Depends what kind of a relationship you have with your FO, if you can just ring him and say "well Jim any news on that licence" you might get it in a decent amount of time i.e. a month

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Vegeta wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054891195

have a read of that, some people got theirs in a few days while others were waiting months and months.

Depends what kind of a relationship you have with your FO, if you can just ring him and say "well Jim any news on that licence" you might get it in a decent amount of time i.e. a month

I agree.
    Mine took a month and my Fo is not the most coparative.
    They all vary from district to district.

As for getting one second hand, they have only been started to get licenced in the last 2 years or less, but then again, you might get lucky.
    Just for refrence, a new CZ .223 will only cost 750 Euro, much cheaper then most makes, which can set you back to around 1200 Euro.
    Keelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

newby.204 wrote:
    Any experiences with long waits, nasty FOs????

I had a 6 months wait.. :mad:
    You will be hard pressed to find a .223 second hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

terrier, hows the tikka shooting? was talkin to u the day u picked it up in da shop, only copped it later!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

17REM wrote:
    terrier, hows the tikka shooting? was talkin to u the day u picked it up in da shop, only copped it later!

Small World.
    So far so good.. it I could get a day when it wasn't pouring rain or gale force winds it would help. Only 30 rounds fired so far!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement