Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirocm Tech Problems

• 23-05-2006 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I had a technical problem with my broadband about 3 weeks ago. I phoned there tech helpdeks and 2 days later i ahd 2 engineer's at my house and problem was fixed they said. They reset my line card or somethig like that. I got the same problem again a week later were the ADSL light went off on the router, i did all the checks and a fault was booked. I have being waiting over a week today and i have heard nothing back since and no engineer's out either.

I know its a problem on there end as i have never had any problems in 9months of having eircom service. I was wondering does anyone know how they operate. I have sent them a e-mail and heard nothing back for 3 days. I intend on ringing them later and lashing out, but what good that does i dont know:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

You'd prob get a quicker response if you rang rather than emailing. If I have a serious fault as opposed to a query I'd ring and not email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭le-dub

I have already rang them last tuesday and reported the fault. I heard nothing last friday so i sent a e-mail to there tech desk and it says you get a response within 24hrs, nothing back since. Im going to ring them later and rant away...:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

le-dub wrote:
    I have already rang them last tuesday and reported the fault. I heard nothing last friday so i sent a e-mail to there tech desk and it says you get a response within 24hrs, nothing back since. Im going to ring them later and rant away...:mad:

email phil.nolan@eircom.ie giving full details account number telephone number etc - he's the CEO and an email usually gets a prompt response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

le-dub wrote:

cos that'll get a response:rolleyes:

best thing is to call for an update, dont go mad at them as more than likely its out of their hands

it will have been escalated to a different department, which they have no control over

the job is hard enough without people calling in just to rant

I'm going to call and rant because there tech desk was useless. They had no idea what was wrong and said did not know when the problem would be fixed etc. I could be waiting a month or so in other words. I worked on a helpdesk befoer so i know the calls they get, but at least we kept all the customers updated on there problems.

• Advertisement

le-dub wrote:
    I'm going to call and rant because there tech desk was useless. They had no idea what was wrong and said did not know when the problem would be fixed etc. I could be waiting a month or so in other words. I worked on a helpdesk befoer so i know the calls they get, but at least we kept all the customers updated on there problems.

if they have no update to give you, they arent gonna call you

if you logged a fault its in the system

if there is no sync, they log the fault and it goes to the next department, they then assign it to the engineers

you wont be waiting a month

it just amazes me the people on here, something goes wrong and the first thing most people do is ring up and complain

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

event wrote:

if there is no sync, they log the fault and it goes to the next department, they then assign it to the engineers

it just amazes me the people on here, something goes wrong and the first thing most people do is ring up and complain

And how exactly would it get fixed otherwise?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

^^^^^^^
    :d

event wrote:

You sound like someone who probably works for there helpdesk. I had the same problem 3 weeks and it was logged as a fault and within 2 days there were 2 engineers at my house and they asked if it was working again. I checked and DSL was in sync, so i asked what the problem was and they looked at each other and said they were'nt sure :confused: . I book another fault and its probably the same one and its being a week and i ahven;t heard anything. I'm not going to rant because i know there is only so much they can do, but i want to know if it was fixed the first time in 2 days why is now taking 7days:p If they rang and told me it was going to take a week or more and explained what was wrong i wouldn;'t be ringing to complain would i?

le-dub wrote:
    You sound like someone who probably works for there helpdesk. I had the same problem 3 weeks and it was logged as a fault and within 2 days there were 2 engineers at my house and they asked if it was working again. I checked and DSL was in sync, so i asked what the problem was and they looked at each other and said they were'nt sure :confused: . I book another fault and its probably the same one and its being a week and i ahven;t heard anything. I'm not going to rant because i know there is only so much they can do, but i want to know if it was fixed the first time in 2 days why is now taking 7days:p If they rang and told me it was going to take a week or more and explained what was wrong i wouldn;'t be ringing to complain would i?

i used to work there, not anymore thank god

yes, its probably the same one, but may not be

im just saying there is nothing worse than a customer calling up and complaining that nothing has been done when:

a)it wasnt you that even logged the fault
    b)you have no control over it as its done by a different department who are lazy gits

and te reason they wont give a set time is because they are forbidden to do so, as the customer can then say that they were told it would be fixed by a guaranteed time

• Advertisement

event wrote:
    i used to work there, not anymore thank god

yes, its probably the same one, but may not be

im just saying there is nothing worse than a customer calling up and complaining that nothing has been done when:

a)it wasnt you that even logged the fault
    b)you have no control over it as its done by a different department who are lazy gits

and te reason they wont give a set time is because they are forbidden to do so, as the customer can then say that they were told it would be fixed by a guaranteed time

I rang eircom yesterday evening and was told it takes 3 working days. When i pointed out that it had being 3 working days not including the weekend, there was a slight pause. I seemed to have got more information from yourself (event) then eircom itself. When i worked on the helpdesk, we always told the customer it would be 48hrs for a update to come back and to check there connection and if it was'nt working to callback for a update.

I did'nt rant on the phone in the end i just asked a few questions and that was pointless. I think im just going to ask for a supervisor next time i ring...

Advertisement