Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Addicted

Options
  • 23-05-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

I'm a FPS gamer (COD, BF2), however to explore what the big deal was about WOW I decided to give it a go! (cautiously considering the cost element)

4 weeks on and I feel this is probably the best game I've ever played! the characters, the deatail and the gameplay are absolutely fantastic! :D

I'm not a high level yet as I've only got a couple of hours a week to play but the time spend has been 100% amazing!

How big are these lands ??? the scale of this game is unbelievable!

also any guild looking for nOOb players I would love to join!! and learn more and more!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Drapper wrote:
    I'm a FPS gamer (COD, BF2), however to explore what the big deal was about WOW I decided to give it a go! (cautiously considering the cost element)

4 weeks on and I feel this is probably the best game I've ever played! the characters, the deatail and the gameplay are absolutely fantastic! :D

I'm not a high level yet as I've only got a couple of hours a week to play but the time spend has been 100% amazing!

How big are these lands ??? the scale of this game is unbelievable!

also any guild looking for nOOb players I would love to join!! and learn more and more!!

Its huge. What server are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm a UT player but I'm the same - got addicted quickly. The world is enormous. I'm playing 4 months now and reached L56 and there's still some areas of the world I haven't even entered yet.

If your on Moonglade send Roguemiranda (me) or Calisone a mail for an invite to a (mainly) Irish guild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I'll send you my realms later ! I'm on Eounar as an Orc and the rest I'm not sure ! I'll edit later!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The only annoying thing about wow is that in no way does it take advantage of all that uber kit you have in your sig heh.

Ahh its grand for me vidoe and music stuff and WOW looks amazing on me big telly (42 inch)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Drapper wrote:

And then in your sig you include your rigs.

Surely someone who can afford a machine like rig 1 has no problem paying < 15 quid a month for a WoW subscription.

In my opinion cheapest entertainment ever, esp considering that I play 40+ hours a week at times.

And then in your sig you include your rigs.

Surely someone who can afford a machine like rig 1 has no problem paying < 15 quid a month for a WoW subscription.

In my opinion cheapest entertainment ever, esp considering that I play 40+ hours a week at times.

have to agree with yeah !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The only annoying thing about wow is that in no way does it take advantage of all that uber kit you have in your sig heh.

Yup i agree :)

But Cully its all about the fps............lol

tbh i think wow visuals are decent and suit the game immensely.
    While not the best out there they are detailed and really compliment the games atmosphere.
    Its the gameplay where wow really excels imo.

Yeah Drap super fast fps in wow and all games is extra nice :)
    Although i enjoy many many other games if i was to pick my choice for best game i ever played overall it would be WOW without doubt.
    I also agree subs are very reasonable,dont tell Blizzard but id pay double or triple that a month for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Woah, woah folks. Slow down a bit, lets not all say something we might regret.
    WoW the best game ever? I dont think... its good, great perhaps even, but greatest game of all time....

I'm glad, so many people can finally see how enjoyable RPG's can be but lets not say something foolish. Now, if you were to say the best RPG of all time, I might have to actually pause and consider it.

With that said, I think it does get alot from a decent machine. Basing this on originally playing it with P4 2.0 to a AMD 3400 with more RAM. Its a drastic improvement. Going from freezing at times and complete lock ups with more than a few people on screen at once to a steady smooth 75fps at all times, is a noticeable difference to me.

But anyway, I really just wanted to say that while I quite like WoW, its by no means the best game ever and I would certainly try out some of the other RPG's before handing it the crown.

For instance, Auto Assault is a "car RPG", EVE, CoH/CoV(CoX) are all quite good games with their own merits. Anyway, enjoy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Final Fantasy 7 ftw

It's an awesome game. But sometimes it's very challenhing and it can be disheartening. (Challening as in, people who play all day every day, will beat me in PvP alot).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I cant believe im saying this but, I agree with barton. ff7 is the greatest game ever to be made.

lol

Wow and COD are my favs!

think they would be the same as cullys lol

Has to be said wow as my choice is only my opinion based on what game i have played that provided more enjoyment over and over again than any other game,to me wow fits the bill.

I play racing sims like rfactor,GPL etc etc that i personally would put up there aswell,same for titles like bf2,DOD,COD etc etc.
    My point is its all down to personal choice ,remember an opinion is an opinion therefore cannot be wrong :)

Ivan - if you read back i said wow is my choice not the choice of the world :)

Advertisement