Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tired and emotional

Options
  • 23-05-2006 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

i live in a semi d and sleep in the front bedroom. when it is really windy like the past few nights there is this annoying knocking sound like the side gate banging.
    however its not the side gate as i have gone down to investigate and got drenched for my troubles. i then got up into the attic to listen but nothing. the only other thing is the vents or the drainage.
    anyone any ideas what it coud be ?
    ta.
    tired and emotional from lack of sleep .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is it possible that it's a neighbours side gate or shed door banging? In my previous house me neighbour used always leave his shed door open and it banged in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭oneillk

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Turned out is was my neighbours wheely bins. Every time a gust of wind came the lids flew open making the bang, bang noise. Then another gust would close them again and so on so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Door on your ESB or gas meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

i have checked out the neighbours side gate during the depts of winter by sticking my head out the ensuite window (head cold for a week). will check out the wheely bin and gas meter door next time. fair chance it could be the wheely bin but its very hard catching it in the act.
    i suppose i could kidnap it and keep it tied up in my shed for the night.

ta for your suggestions.

Advertisement