Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about Dumbledore [Contains Spoilers, so it does]

Options
  • 23-05-2006 12:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/

what does everyone think?

im 50-50, but i voted not dead.

personally i would love to see dumbledore back for the last book

Is Dumbledore dead? 13 votes

Yes, he's definitely dead.
    0% 0 votes
    No way, hes not dead. He'll be back.
    53% 7 votes
    Can't decide.
    46% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I believe Dumbledore is not dead as we know he was Nicolas Flamel's partner, the Nicholas Flamel that was immortal, I think Dumbledore is immortal and his death in HBP was an elaborate hoax to fool Voldie....

my two cents...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Flamel was only immortal because he had the Philosopher's Stone, which is now destroyed.

I'm undecided. I don't want him to be dead. I want it to be an elaborate hoax!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yeah i understand what ur both saying, i think its really unlikely that dumbledore is not dead.

however i believe it is possible, and i really really really want him to be alive.

7 wont be the same without him:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

He's not dead so long as he lives on in our hearts!

I'm sorry. There's no excuse for that.

Pass me my coat, Helper Monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ever hear of spoilers?

• Advertisement

What are you doing in the Harry Potter forum if you haven't read Book 6?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Of course its possible, ITS A BOOK! But i dont think they bring him back.

Faith wrote:

Elitist scum!

Ever hear of spoilers?

The big *SPOILERS* in the thread title wasn't enough? :rolleyes:

6th wrote:
    Elitist scum!

Excuse me? Anybody who is in a Harry Potter forum is generally a dedicated fan, and would have read the last book that has been released for over a year.

I understand where super_furry is coming from, the title was too blatant, but the last 4 or so threads in this forum have been about book 6. There's really no reason to be in here if you haven't read it.

Also, personal abuse is not tolerated.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote:
    Flamel was only immortal because he had the Philosopher's Stone, which is now destroyed.

I'm undecided. I don't want him to be dead. I want it to be an elaborate hoax!

The point I was trying to make here was that do we know for absolutely certain that there wasn't another philosophrs stone (have to check back for sure), afterall they where partners...seems weird that Flamel and his missus get immortality and Dumbledore doesn't?

I am standing by my elaborate hoax theory for now.

So unless you read all the books your not welcome here? Thats fine, bye.

Oh i've read the books, its the attitude that has me leaving.
    Faith wrote:
    Excuse me? Anybody who is in a Harry Potter forum is generally a dedicated fan, and would have read the last book that has been released for over a year.

I understand where super_furry is coming from, the title was too blatant, but the last 4 or so threads in this forum have been about book 6. There's really no reason to be in here if you haven't read it.

Also, personal abuse is not tolerated.

Good point, I'm not sure they ever clarified whether or not there was only one stone. I always assumed there was, or Voldemort would have tried to get another one. Maybe Dumbledore didn't want it?

I <3 Dumbledore :(

6th wrote:
    So unless you read all the books your not welcome here? Thats fine, bye.

Stop twisting my words, you won't win any arguments that way.

I never said a person is not welcome if they haven't read all the books, but if they don't want spoilers, then browsing a HP forum is a rather silly thing to do.

Just thinking there also that this hoax could be something Dumbledore has been planning for awhile to

- spurn the spirit in Harry in action, making him angry enough to get the job done, we know his most spectacular magic is done when he is pissed off...

- take himself (Dumbledore) out of the picture (fooling Voldie) so he can look for more Horcruxes

Oh I dunno, he will be in the book in one way or another Gandalfesque!

Any chance the title could be changed to 'A question about Dumbledore [Contains Spoilers]' ? I'm sure there are still many who haven't finished the books.

No i understand its for "dedicated fans" thats fine. So its not for people starting out.

Like I've said before, JK said in an interview that she wanted Harry to go it alone in book 7, hence the killing of Dumbledore and Sirius. So I guess that means, if he turns up in book 7, it won't be until the end. Either way, I think we can take it that Dumbledore won't be a stong presence in 7.

6th wrote:
    No i understand its for "dedicated fans" thats fine. So its not for people starting out.

You seem determined to pick a fight with anybody and everybody today. I'm not even going to lower myself to that. You can twist my words all you like and take as much offence as you like, if that makes you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

He's totally alive. Himself & Snape cooked up the plan so Voldemort would believe Snape was loyal. Bet you all twenty squid I'm right.

squid as in actual cephalopod

• Advertisement

That's the idea I'm sticking with too.

Shabadu wrote:
    He's totally alive. Himself & Snape cooked up the plan so Voldemort would believe Snape was loyal. Bet you all twenty squid I'm right.

Thats a very good theory...hmmmmmm!

We have awhile to go yet though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Shabadu wrote:

I think thats probably what happened too.
    Refresh my memory, didn't someone overhear them talking inthe woods one night and it was never really clear what they were talking about?

Yeah, Snape said something like "Well maybe I don't want to do it anymore..." or somesuch.

Faith wrote:
    Like I've said before, JK said in an interview that she wanted Harry to go it alone in book 7, hence the killing of Dumbledore and Sirius. So I guess that means, if he turns up in book 7, it won't be until the end. Either way, I think we can take it that Dumbledore won't be a stong presence in 7.

very good point. he needs to fight it out on his own. he relied too heavily on other people in the other books.

Okay, I found the passage.

Hagrid overheard Dumbledore and Snape talking and this is what he told Harry:

"Well - I jus' heard Snape sayin' Dumbledore took too much fer granted an' maybe he - Snape - didn' wan' ter do it any more - "

Snapes roll in book 7 is the one that interests me. I've never bothered with the "is he good, is he bad" thing as he's just a great character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Good to see you two have kissed and made up.

I hate having fights in the HP forum...... ;_;

It makes my helper monkey cry. :(

LMFAO at new thread title... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Faith wrote:

I wasn't in the forum, it was on the front page......

Advertisement