Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Blue discs

• 23-05-2006 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Dunno if this cropped up in a previous thread but I believe my copy of Phantom Brave on the PS2 is acting up on purely coz it's a blue disc CD-ROM and these already have a bad reputation for being unreliable and hence are mostly never used these days as a format for new releases.

The first day was fine, played it a few hours then re-boxed it on account of wanting to finish some other games first and now, hilariously, the PS2 won't even read it. The 10 day GAME exchange policy has long expired so don't think I'd get too far with them (they'd probably insist I used it as a frisbee or it was somehow my fault) and 30 yoyos is a lot to throw away on a game only played once so any suggestions? I could try trading it at another store (and if contact info's required I could suddenly metamorphosise into "John Smith" but that's not right, really..). I'd really prefer the fuppin thing just actually worked but it's proving tricky. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Try running a lens cleaner through the PS2, it does the trick in a lot of cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭LonesamuraiX

that makes sense but if it were the lens, how is it that all my other non-blue disc PS2 games work without a hitch? i tried it another 8 times and it actually did boot up again. very odd, but thanks for the suggestion. will leave it, perhaps!

Off topic but.. I'm a big fan of Kyoto - went there a few times over my 2 years in Japan. You live there then? Teaching English perhaps? (most folks are but I know not necessarily everyone in Japan is teaching..) Ok tha's all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The blue discs are CD-ROMs and the non-coloured discs are DVDs, and the PS2 laser is notorious for its failure to read the former. I worked in Gamestop a while back and we'd have customers having that problem on a daily basis. A lens cleaner often will do the trick, but if not it can be quite expensive to get repaired. Have you tried a PSOne game or music cd in the console? The disc itself may be the issue.

Off topic: Not so much teaching english, as studying japanese. I love it out here myself, dreading the thought of going back to Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭LonesamuraiX

souuu ka. tetsudatte kurete hontou arigatou ne - chikai uchi ni kimi no iu touri ni yatte miru zo. 'renzu kure-na' o katte tsukau to sugu wakaru to omou. nihongo no bekyou mo ganbatte ne; soueba, sankyuu ya nikyuu to iu nouryoku shiken o uketa koto ga aru no? konogoro, ore wa botchibotchi nikyuu no junbi o yatteru'n dakedo..

Well, can't chat in Japanese all day on a board like this, will get modded so cheers for the advice and good luck; hope to be out there myself studying from April 2007 so, yousu o miyou ne.

Advertisement