Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a suit abroad

• 23-05-2006 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

After watching the sopranos the other night and making one of my ridiculously spontanious impulse desicions, I have decided to go abroad this summer and buy suits. Can anyone recomend the best country to buy them? Preferabley somewhere cheap that would be nice to visit for a weekend and go clothes crazzzzzzy.

Chairs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

joejoem wrote:
    After watching the sopranos the other night and making one of my ridiculously spontanious impulse desicions, I have decided to go abroad this summer and buy suits.

lol! Quote of the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Cheap Suits = Thailand, but not really a place to go on a weekend jaunt. Maybe one of the accession states?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Turkey/Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Turkey/Italy

In soprano's voice

Now thats what I'm talking about....

Would you know any particular reigion to go for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Hong Kong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Hong Kong, My flat mate brought loads for work there, they were €6 each and he posted some back here as he has too much to bring over. They didn't disappear when cleaned and were of good quality. He also stopped off in Kualalumpur and purchased there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Blackgrape

Whilst on holiday on Thailand the lads and I all got suits made. The tailor is a bit more expensive than most out there but the quality is excellent. You will be picked up from your hotel, measured and 2-3 days later you will have a fitting. A week after that you will have your new suit.My suit cost 200 punts-- a fraction of the cost here. They have a website where you can order suits online. They will make up the suits to the measurements that they have of you. www.theversaces.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I bought my suit for my wedding online quite cheaply, was quality. Oscar de la Renta Silver Cloud, will try and find the link, looked great. I think it was from a US store.

The Thailand thing looks good alright, it would end up expensive though with flights and that right? And if it cost you £200 wouldnt it be allot dearer now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

joejoem wrote:
    After watching the sopranos the other night and making one of my ridiculously spontanious impulse desicions, I have decided to go abroad this summer and buy suits.

And who says TV doesn't have any influence anymore!

At least you havn't decided to become a hitman, although Joey the Enforcer does have a certain ring to it.

Seriously, go visit Suitable Company on Grafton St. I endorse this product and/or service. I bought a couple of Armani's there last year for silly money (silly as in cheap). They have all the top quality brands.

Or go bespoke and visit Maurice Abraham.

• Advertisement

And who says TV doesn't have any influence anymore!

At least you havn't decided to become a hitman, although Joey the Enforcer does have a certain ring to it.

Seriously, go visit Suitable Company on Grafton St. I endorse this product and/or service. I bought a couple of Armani's there last year for silly money (silly as in cheap). They have all the top quality brands.

Or go bespoke and visit Maurice Abraham.

Thats where I buy at the moment, they are great as far as average suits go but they just dont hang as well as a top quality suit, and I find they dont last.

Maybe I'm dreaming but I think it should be possible to get a top quality fitted suit for around 300€ somewhere? My thinking is that if I spend €1500 - €2000 I should come back with four of five top quality fitted suits and several shirts and ties.

pies in the skies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

joejoem wrote:
    Maybe I'm dreaming but I think it should be possible to get a top quality fitted suit for around 300€ somewhere?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

Wake up and smell the pasta, capice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

joejoem wrote:
    After watching the sopranos the other night and making one of my ridiculously spontanious impulse desicions, I have decided to go abroad this summer and buy suits. Can anyone recomend the best country to buy them? Preferabley somewhere cheap that would be nice to visit for a weekend and go clothes crazzzzzzy.

Chairs
    Boston. I got a really nice Tommy Hilfiger suit in Filene's basement for $175 and a great Ralph Lauren cashmere/wool mix overcoat for $125. You have to dig for bargains sometimes but it's worth it.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

Wake up and smell the pasta, capice?

Why whata do you spend (a)?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm just back form Thailand and got 2 cashmere wool suits, 2 sets of trowsers with each and 4 shirts, for just over €500. In a blace called James's Fashions in Bangkok

Zascar wrote:
    I'm just back form Thailand and got 2 cashmere wool suits, 2 sets of trowsers with each and 4 shirts, for just over €500. In a blace called James's Fashions in Bangkok

Thats brilliant! Did they tailor them for you aswell? What kind of travel expenses did you have?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

went on a 12 days holiday 5 star hotels etc for €1250 all in from destinations.ie
    spent quite a bit over there cause there is so much to buy!

Advertisement