Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door Security

• 23-05-2006 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

For ages I've been trying to find a shop that sold those American style door security things, but can't find anywhere that sells them, even online.

I just don't know what they are called.

Instead of having a chain on the door which doesn't seem adequate to me, I'd like to install one of those flap over metal clasp like things that almost every hotel room in the US uses on their doors. A lot of houses use them too.

Anyone know what I'm on about? The long slender, u-shaped clasp goes from door across to frame and sits over a small bit of metal. When you open the door, the end of the u locks against the bit of metal on the frame and the door locks.

It looks a lot stronger than a chain, but I can't find them anywhere! Help needed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,237 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

"Grizzly"swing-type Door Guard (apparently...)
    swingtypedoorguard.gif

Advertisement