Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish omlette for one

• 23-05-2006 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I am thinking of making a spanish tonight and keeping it for my dinner 2moro evening after the gym. I think it would be idea dinner post workout. All the recipe's online are made with like 4 eggs and loadsa potatoes. Could you make a decent with 2 eggs and 2 potatoes.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Hi Clár,
    I live with 2 spanish people - who use no more than 3 eggs + 5-6 large potatoes per omlette . which makes an 1 1/2 inch thick omlette in normal size frying pan and its enough for 4-5 people !

So I think if your using a small frying pan for youyr self no more than 2 eggs should suffice !

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

What is the trick to making a thick omelette ?

My wife's cooking is great but my little secret is her omelettes
    are very fluffly and over-light for my tastes.
    I'm guessing her mum made them that way and she has just
    adopted the recipe/methodology.

There have been a few evenings here when I've been out
    of ingredients yet I've had eggs, ham and mushrooms.
    I'd love to surprise her with my own type of omelette
    some day. I'd get to enjoy it myself.

Why would an omelette turn out very frothy and lacking
    substance ? over-beating of the eggs ?? Lack of butter ?
    cooked at too high temperature ? Any food physicists here ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Too fluffy/dry = whisking too much & adding too much milk & overcooking. You're not supposed to have a homogenous liquid, just the white & yolk loosely muddled together.

Advertisement