Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amplifier needed for 8 speakers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Anyone?

There was a thread about Ohms etc a few days back. Hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I also bought a 4 way switch box to put the 4 pairs of speakers into.

You have a speaker distribution thing like this?

It should accept a stereo signal, and then basically send that signal out to all the speakers.

Any stereo amp will provide a stereo source that you can plug into this.

Where are you locating all the speakers? Around a house or office for "piped" music?

If you are looking for 8channel Stereo (in the one room) then AV recievers can do this, but I'm not sure what you are looking to do.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Why not buy a 7.1 Amp?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Actually I've read your post, that wouldn't work ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

you could cross Amp, meaning having two Amps interlinked with each other
    I woudl recommend looking into this as I think this will be the only way to get a decent result for what you are trying to do.

• Advertisement

The speaker switch I have is this exact one http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29754&criteria=speaker%20switches&doy=25m5

Basically all I want to do is play the radio and CDs or Mp3s through the speakers. I have one pair of speakers in the kitchen, one in living room, one in another room and last pair enclosed in a conservatory. The idea of the switch is so that I can switch off any pair I like if we are not in that room.

I assume I need to wire the switch box to the amp and then the amp to the radio or CD player. I just dont know what AMP to use. I just want to keep things simple and cheap.

I know it will be the same music source throughout which is fine. Just need help with what amp vs the speaker watts and OHM stuff. It needs to be powerful enough to power all of them at the same time.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I just dont know what AMP to use. I just want to keep things simple and cheap.

This would be adequate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

You might be better off forgetting about the switch box and buying two smaller amps.

Plug the tape out from one into the tape in of the other, and it would give you a bit of flexibility with volumes and sources (later on) if you wanted to.

Thanks guys. I'll check out Richer sounds so and the price is good too. Thanks.

Advertisement