Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highest score threads..

Options
  • 23-05-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Righteo lads, I remember ye doing some high score compo's a while back. Did ye happen to do one on Mario Kart for the SNES? Not one of the ****ty sequels now, the orignal.. Been playing it again today and decided to have a look online for Time Trial time on Mario Circuit 1.. I am quite impressed that I am with .8 of a second off the fastest time I can find online in only 1 sitting..

Anyone interested in a wee compo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Where did you find your scores?
    [plug] I'm using CyberScore at the mo; [/plug] although they don't seem to have scores for the SNES original :confused: Hmm...

Oh yeah. I can't play SMK worth beans :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Weren't there competitions on earlier in the year... i know Retr0 and Evad won a few, might still be in their sigs.

Id always be up for another round...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I only managed to win one :( Wouldn't mind another round either. If anyone has a suggestion throw it up as a high score thread and I'm sure people will join in. Make sure it's something popular though, nobody wanted to play obscure shoot'em ups with me :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If i had Ikaruga id give you a run for your money... need credit card/lump of cash for postal orders through eBay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You sure about that. I've beaten it with 3 credits, can get a perfect combo on the first level and reach level 4 on 1 credit :)

Wouldn't mind a Dodonpachi challenge. The combos in that game are insane and I also haven't played it all that much which means that there is no unfair disadvantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mario Circuit 1 FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Yeah, we had a Super Mario Kart competition which I won (see sig), hnyar hnyar hnyar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think another comp should be held :)

Shock.. I can't believe ye used an emulator..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Wouldn't mind a Dodonpachi challenge. The combos in that game are insane and I also haven't played it all that much which means that there is no unfair disadvantage.

Yeah, i'd be up for that, Dodonpachi is friggin' mental.
    in the good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Man, I was only thinking about this the other day. Must look back when my exams are over - ROLL ON MONDAY !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement