Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practical Completion Times & Construction Duration for 2 Bed Townhouse

Options
  • 23-05-2006 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Very stoked to have just signed for a 2 Bed Townhouse right at the back/west of the estate in Charlesland Park.

Durkin have indicated that it is due for completion in early October.

I was wondering if anyone in a 2 Bed could give me 2 snippets of info;

1.) What was the duration of construction of your 2 Bed?

2.) How accurate was the construction program i.e. by how many weeks were the contractors late?

Please could you also let me know of any instances when units were completed ahead of program.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

AntKing wrote:
    Very stoked to have just signed for a 2 Bed Townhouse right at the back/west of the estate in Charlesland Park.

Durkin have indicated that it is due for completion in early October.

I was wondering if anyone in a 2 Bed could give me 2 snippets of info;

1.) What was the duration of construction of your 2 Bed?

2.) How accurate was the construction program i.e. by how many weeks were the contractors late?

Please could you also let me know of any instances when units were completed ahead of program.

Cheers!

Hi Antking,
    Welcome!
    Was promised our 3-bed by feb 2005 and finally got in at the start of october..:mad:
    That said, there is a huge push on by Durkan to get all the units finished - I know of several people who have had their completion date for 2 beds forwarded by 3 months.. Swings and roundabouts really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Hey Antking,

we bought a 2-bed house in the Park as well. We actually put a deposit down last April!! and were originally told the end of February 06 it would be ready to snag. That was pushed out about 6 weeks and we snagged in early April, and got our keys early May!! So just over 2 months late, which is kinda typical for new builds I suppose. Better than we had thought hearing from some people.

But as Daveco says, there seems to be a push on at the moment so hopefully you'll be even quicker. Just stay in touch with them regularly over the summer and ask them to prioritise you as you have a lease running out, etc. Also the houses seem to be ready quicker than apartments/duplexes as well. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

Lucky you! We put down deposit in Apr. 05 and was told Oct/Nov 05. We just moved in 4 weeks ago. Exactly one year after giving deposit...they do seem to be moving faster now though...
    good luck!

Advertisement