Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Modem Software

• 23-05-2006 6:04pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have NTL BB on my PC (which is broken), and want to try and get it working on my laptop (which is not).

The Laptop is only running Win2000 and is not recognising the cable modem correctly. I didn't get an NTL installation disc when BB was set up for me - so does anyone know where I'd get the software/drivers to get the service working on a Win2000 machine?

Any thoughts etc appreciated!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

hi

i assume that you use USB port to connect the NTL modem to pc/laptop. do you not have an Ethernet port? Not software required, and consume less CPU usage.

mart

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mart_max wrote:
    i assume that you use USB port to connect the NTL modem to pc/laptop. do you not have an Ethernet port?
    Nope - I got BB when I didn't have a network card.

I'm hoping this thread might sort me though...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054936054

CHEERS!

Advertisement