Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia CK7W

• 23-05-2006 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Just got the ck7w car kit installed and cant seem to pair by W800i with it. Anyone ever have any problems with it? Unfortunately havent got another bluetooth phone hanging around to test the kit. The w800i just wont pick anything up. Ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

rymus wrote:
    Just got the ck7w car kit installed and cant seem to pair by W800i with it. Anyone ever have any problems with it? Unfortunately havent got another bluetooth phone hanging around to test the kit. The w800i just wont pick anything up. Ideas anyone?
    is the bluetooth setting phone visibility shown to all or hidden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it's set to shown to all. I eventually got them paired. For some reason it'd fail to find anything for ages and then suddenly find it. Odd... Next thing I have to do (if the phone will actually do it) is to connect to the ck-7w automatically when I change profile. Time for a bit of reading. Cheers for the reply chef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

just keep your bluetooth on, turn off the car and then turn it on again.it should pair up if its done it before.i use my ck7w everyday and donot ave to press any buttons why i start the car or anything.it just links automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yeah it used to do that back when I had a 6600 (and a different car). I'll give it a whack tomorrow, if I get back in the car tonight I might just be tempted to drive somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

rymus wrote:
    yeah it used to do that back when I had a 6600 (and a different car). I'll give it a whack tomorrow, if I get back in the car tonight I might just be tempted to drive somewhere.
    check it and update us.might be able to help more if you have some more details.check it with another phone if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ciaranr

Nokia have a manual in PDF form here.

The main tricky point is not to have a phone in the phone holder when pairing; not sure does this apply to you. Also it can only be paired with one phone at a time (probably not relevant) and that it flashes when its finding a previously paired phone. (inconsequential).

The joys of relevance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

rymus wrote:
    it's set to shown to all. I eventually got them paired. For some reason it'd fail to find anything for ages and then suddenly find it. Odd... Next thing I have to do (if the phone will actually do it) is to connect to the ck-7w automatically when I change profile. Time for a bit of reading. Cheers for the reply chef.
    it does sometimes takes a few turns also if you have a few similar bt devices in your car it might tell you that there are too many and to delete some,for example i have a nokia bt gps reciever and could have two bt phones turned on and i might have to turn bt off on the one im not using,good luck with it

Advertisement