Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know how to wire in a new phone socket?

Options
  • 23-05-2006 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

okay, here's what I have downstrairs already connected. sorry it's a bit grainy, cameraphones for ye. :o

th_holedown.jpg th_insidedown.jpg th_downback.jpg

i got myself a cable punching (if that's the word for it) tool from the networking guys at work, but they have no more of an idea how to plumb in RJ11 stuff than I do.

basically, the grey cable you see goes upstairs, but it doesn't look to be connected downstairs.

so, how do i wire this all in?

i got a socket box from maplins which has 2 sockets (it was all they had), which had green, red, yellow and black wires in it, and I initially tried wiring them up like for like (assuming green to be the same as the blue wire), but i got no dial tone. i thought some of it was live tho, as i could have sworn i got a spark off it when i was connecting the wires but i couldn't replicate it, so now i' not sure.

can anyone help?

it took BT 72 days (yes, that's not a typo, 72 freaking DAYS!) to connect the phone line and I'm going to be without dsl for another 2 weeks by the sounds of it, so i really want to get my analogue modem working where my pc is instead of using this great big codged together long cable to my laptop in the front room.

HEY-ELP!

Comments

Advertisement